Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Text H.R. 127  (Read 3153 times)

salvo

Text H.R. 127
« on: February 09, 2021, 12:13:37 am »
Hi Folks,

Anything buried in here?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/127/text

Requiring a government mandated psychological evaluation to own a firearm
Requiring an additional license and psychological evaluation to own a ?military-style? weapon
Further bans on certain ammunitions designated by the ATF
Requiring a mandatory firearm liability insurance, requiring $800 paid to the Attorney General?s Office every year
Creating a national firearms database open to the public, that anyone can access and see what firearms a person possesses and where they keep them

OH! And;
The federal government can decline the ability to own a firearm to anyone they deem a risk

Sal

Offline gww

• Super Bee
Re: Text H.R. 127
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:58:48 am »
Sal
Yea, its a bad bill but don't live in fear of it cause it will never go anywhere and will die on the vine.
Cheers
gww

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 09:14:53 am »
gww, never is a long time. It will not go through now, but this is just an intro. It will be repeated in smaller increments for 20 to 30 years and get it passed for our children or grandchildren. That's why we have to constantly knock out these seeds.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 10:35:33 am »
Iddee
I give you your point, though history is funny and seems to switch back and forth pretty fast.  I would not venture to guess either way.  I always remember the saying that if you want to hear god laugh, just tell him your plans.  Pretty sure that this particular bill is dead on arrival though.
Cheers
gww

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 11:30:30 am »
Pretty sure that this particular bill is dead on arrival though.

I agree that this bill as it is proposed will not go through this time.  As with some other things I have posted, and history proves, what they are willing to say out loud they are eventually willing to do.

This time the accurate argument is that this will disproportionately hurt lower income people.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

salvo

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 06:15:45 pm »