Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: tractors and your collection  (Read 20903 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
tractors and your collection
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2005, 12:29:09 pm »
Opps. I still got that wrong. Now I have confused myself. It would have to be in gear for the push to happen. So one disenguages the clutch with tractor in gear and push it, the mower turns. So if you're mowing and headed for a pole when you push in the clutch and try to stop the mower will push you into the pole if not for the over-run. Thus the name over run.

It is the way the tractor was made. Nothing wrong.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2005, 10:16:56 pm »
Now I have to look at one of my books to figure this out  :lol:  :lol: . I think what you are saying or trying to say is with the tractor in gear and the clutch disengaged the power to make the tractor move comes from the spinnging brush hog blades till they stop turning. I use a finish mower on one of my Masseys that doesn't have live power. Once the clutchis disengaged with it all motion stops at the wheels unless your on unlevel ground. The PTO just free spins till the blades stop turning. Although Dad had both a 9 an a 8N I never used either one with a brush hog. the 8 N was a loader tractor. and the 9N ran a buzz rig and did common garden work. Dad also had a Ford 2000 with out live power it replaced both the 8 & 9N's and did their chores with the added job of blowing snow.
 :D Al

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2005, 11:54:19 pm »
I don't know if the 9N has the same set-up or not.

I have not seen drawings on the configuration but I believe when you put the PTO in gear it connects it directly to the input shaft of the transmission. There fore without the over-run, and still in gear, the blades then act as a large flywheel and just pushes you along, until it drags down to a stop.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2005, 11:58:27 pm »
well it looks as if the tractors are working out nice in the farming forum. Never knew we had so many members interested in tractors, bye
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2005, 10:56:33 am »
Looked in the parts book for my 1953 Mustang, The spining blades would push the tractor along as you said. I guess it don't happen with the finish mower because it has 3 smaller blades rather that the one huge brush hog blade .
Not as much force made with the 3 blades.

Now I need to look at a live power set up. My 5000 Ford does have clutches, just not sure how they work.

:D Al

anything