Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Germany Must Have Been a Magnificent Place Before the War!  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Germany Must Have Been a Magnificent Place Before the War!
« on: January 08, 2022, 02:21:32 am »
These German Cities must have been magnificently beautiful before the war?

https://youtu.be/Hwy8SzVmWGc
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
Re: Germany Must Have Been a Magnificent Place Before the War!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 01:51:54 am »
Mate, german cities, indeed most of European cities are still magnificent.

Most have retained a lot of history and many have been successfull in blending the new with the old.
German and Scadinavian cities have created some genuinely modern cities where the car is kept out...Think Stockholm, think Copenhagen, think Koeln.
Unlike many cities in Asia ( and the US!) there are very few slums but lots of social housing .
Europe is still worth a visit.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 09:07:29 am »
Mate, the point of the post was not intended to question or overlook the beauty of Germany today, nor to overlook the progress achieved after the much destruction as a result of that war, but I thank you for pointing out those good things;  But simply to imagine and admire what was 'once' the beauty of Germany, 'as it was' before much of that 'historical structure' was destroyed or demolished because of the damage inflicted upon it, never to be replaced in replication, never to be the same again because of war. Tis a pity, as was the struggles of the people shown during the time of the filming. A look into the past if you will.. 

« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 01:43:22 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline max2

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 08:06:39 pm »
An US friend just sent me this video.
Cities can be exciting, innovative...even enjoyable.
Have a look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bHpaAOpQcg

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 06:49:30 am »
I've been reading about the Napoleonic wars in Spain and Portugal.  So many ancient Roman bridges blown up.  So many old buildings destroyed.  And that was before we got really good at destroying things...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin