Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: WHO IS JOE SALATIN?  (Read 2146 times)

salvo

WHO IS JOE SALATIN?
« on: May 22, 2022, 02:35:39 pm »
AND WHY SHOULD I KNOW HIM?

Hi Folks,

Anybody know this guy?

Is he dangerous?

To who? WHY?

https://www.polyfacefarms.com/joels-bio/

Sal

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: WHO IS JOE SALATIN?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 02:41:41 pm »
Never heard of him Sal. Interesting article...
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 05:08:14 pm »
I think it's JoeL Salatin.  I've heard of him.  He's like a self-sufficiency survivalist kind of guy.  He's pretty popular in prepper circles, or at least he used to be.  I remember my parents talking about his method of raising rabbits when we first started talking about getting bunnies. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

salvo

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 11:15:17 pm »

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 12:46:16 pm »
I asked my mom what she knew about him, and she said that his big claim to fame is a homesteading land management method of rotating pasture between different livestock for the purpose of pasture health and parasite management.  So for example you'd have chickens on a certain section of land, then rest briefly, then have rabbits on the land, then pigs, then cows (this order is probably not correct, but just to give you an idea of the concept).  The idea is to alternate between animals with different parasites and grazing habits to help manage parasites and help with pasture recovery.  I'm sure he's branched out into many different areas since then, as this was a pretty long time ago, but that's how she knew about him.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 09:38:28 am »
He wrote a lot of books on raising organic food.  One is titled "Everything I want to do is illegal"
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 11:29:53 pm »
We just finished listening to Joel Salatin at the Traditional Skills Summit, and all I can say is he is 100% the real deal.  He has completely changed our outlook on land management in 2 hours.  I'm about to go buy one or more of his books, and we are already discussing how to implement some of his methods in our goat pastures.  It's life-changing advice.  He's not one of those people selling some magical system, he's just looking at working with the land instead of against it, and the most economical and productive ways to do that.  It was inspirational. 

anything