Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Great game, Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 3983 times)

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
Great game, Kingdom of Loathing
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:09:04 am »
I just signed up for these forums, I am really looking forward to getting a hive or two and giving this a real go! But I saw this area, and wanted to point to a free game I play daily, called The Kingdom of Loathing. it's an RPG spoof with lots of goofy pop culture references. There is even a "Guy Made of Bees"! I tried to post a link to the game and a description of the item, but my post-count isn't high enough yet.

I hope you check it out and enjoy it!
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Great game, Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 10:51:39 am »
Moon:

You can breakup the link and we can get it - but no problem using a search engine to find it here. Come in on Ventrillo and join our online players. We enjoy first person rather than RPGs, but the free Enemy Territory is awesome and you may enjoy that - our other game is Tiger Woods 2006 golf, a much less active game allowing us old foggies to relax before bed. Tiger Woods goof is like a glass of warm milk and a favorite pillow compared to Enemy Territory, but we play both often, nearly 7 nights a week.

Hang in there and keep posting, I had to explain to a member it is NOT a time thing, he posted ONCE in one month than complained that he could have gotten through a Federal ID Search in that time - you need to be active in posting as you are doing and before you know it we'll allow full member priviledges.

It is a neccessary evil to prevent spammers from coming in and bombing the private message system - and all we ask is be active. The other fellow had posted only once in over a month and is/was anxious to send people PMs - that is a bit odd from an Admin prospective. I mentioned to him, it is like going to an airport, buying a one way ticket and carrying no luggage.

Hope to see you in Ventrillo Chat - check the chat forum for links and info to get you online in minutes.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
Re: Great game, Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 08:53:27 pm »
It's not *really* and RPG, so to speak. It's text-based, so it's a lot more player based than many of the graphics-oriented RPGs out there. I'd say that if you're 18-40, you'll probably find references in the game to toally amuse the hell out of you.  :-P
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC