Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: More GMO news  (Read 1240 times)

Offline rbinhood

• House Bee
More GMO news
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:15:53 pm »
Only God can make these two things.....Blood and Honey!

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
Re: More GMO news
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 01:02:01 pm »
read the comments below the propaganda and see how ignorant the people are about round up ready crops.  got to love a slacktivist.  "we don't understand it but we're sure we're against it because other people say we should be."   

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 10:36:29 am »
The comments are interesting.  Obviously both sides have managed to confuse people to the point they don't understand what any of this is or what it means.  The two things that are now permeating our food supply are Bt toxins (because of GMO.  Not because they are roundup ready, but because the Bt toxin gene is spliced into it.  Roundup ready is a different gene, but one that is not a toxin that we know of) and Neonic insecticides (not because of GMO, but because of pesticide use).  I suppose it's possible (but seems unlikely) that the gene that makes a plant roundup ready could be a problem and it permeates the entire plant as well.  It shouldn't be too surprising that people are confused.  Both sides of the argument seem intent on causing as much confusion as possible...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:24:58 am »
I personally don't use sugar made from Sugar Beets because of a pesticide residue that is still in the processed sugar that is deadly to honeybees.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)