Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 2nd year of beekeeping.. By Kim Flottum This was an interview on zoom...  (Read 821 times)

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
2/20/22

Franklin County Beekeepers & Guests,                   

For those of you who missed it!!

Last week?s Franklin County President Dan Conlon and Kim Flottum conducted a fun and informative Zoom presentation on "Managing Bees in Your Second Year." Starting a colony in your first year, building population, creating comb, building colony strength before winter. The second-year focused on swarm prevention, honey production, and queen management.

Below is the link for Kim's audio. Unfortunately losing his electricity due to an ice storm five minutes before airtime makes the first few minutes ?shaky? but Kim did a great job talking through his presentation without the aid of pictures or script.

Enjoy,

Tom Graney                                                             Franklin County Beekeepers

Topic: Daniel Conlon's Zoom Meeting
Meeting Recording:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/02O_qp2lKLEOeLwCrZw2V1kVORmZmsHUvXL9UrKQmc3Ji5JdQj7J840rIezN1yAi.VBIMUYeilz7XCwRu

Access Passcode: XX51$Q3M

BEE HAPPY Jim134   :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline beesnweeds

• House Bee
Re: 2nd year of beekeeping.. By Kim Flottum This was an interview on zoom...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 08:09:47 pm »
Thanks for sharing.  I bought some great queens from Dan.  Im hoping the Mass Bee Field Day is a go this year.
Everyone loves a worker.... until its laying.

anything