Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: honey prices  (Read 3212 times)

Offline crispy

• House Bee
honey prices
« on: March 19, 2020, 12:30:53 am »
Hi all well i saw a post on facebook the was from a major seller of honey just recently ,they quoted they would start to import honey from other countries as the supply in australia had been affected by the recent bushfires . Now not so long ago the same seller was embroiled in a scandal with one of its subsiduary brands over the inclusion of foriegn addatives . When i was in a large supermarket chain today i looked at the price of raw unfiltered honey compared to the larger brand name and there was quite a substantial difference ,we all know that price determines sales most of the time but after the last episode where foriegn bulking was detected there is no way i would buy this brand no matter how much people said it was ok .I tend to feel sorry for the bee keeper who is providing a fresh non tainted product in having to compete with a corporation that in truth doesnt give a damb about its consumers but if we have another incident like the last one i think for anyone who is savvy minded about what they eat or give to there family it may well destroy them . I watched as a few people picked honey from the shelves not one looked to see what was in it they looked at the price only which is sad as i am very carefull in what i buy nowa days and i used to show this to my family in the honey ailse on the back of the packages for me it has to be australian 100 % product no addatives ect i once bought a steak rub from a semi large retailer didnt take much notice of where it came from until i got home ,realizing it was from c****** i just threw it in the bin now i check everything .

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: honey prices
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 11:51:20 pm »
It would be good if a large number of your fellow beekeepers would get together and lobby the news outlets there in your country asking for reporting of this scandalous behavior of said. Even better if the News Outlets would do a series of this unethical behavior. The public, would most likely be more careful in decision making when picking up honey for their families, if they were more educated to the honey situation? Just a thought. Perhaps this has already been done or attempted?

Phillip Hall
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 02:15:48 am »
That was a good read Skeggley !  !
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 11:03:48 pm »
Yes mate, I?ve been following Simons case for the last 4 years and have been encouraging as many as I can to sign the petition. What he is doing is selfless and admirable. A real David and Goliath battle.
https://www.change.org/p/imported-honey-must-be-banned-or-labelled-with-country-of-origin-eg-china-argentina

How can it be so hard to get country of origin on a label unless there?s something more sinister involved?
Stay safe.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 01:56:50 am »
>How can it be so hard to get country of origin on a label unless there?s something more sinister involved?
  Stay safe.

Wow. It seems the love of money, more than love of Country is a rampant disease these days all around the globe. I wish you Australian Beekeepers the very best outcome in this. May Gods strength, courage, love and blessings along with his might be with your (David), Simon Mulvany!

Phillip Hall
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline crispy

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 09:13:48 pm »
Dear wet bee i am an australian your insistant insults will have me report you to the moderators if you do not stop just for your information i served 12 years in the army covering your sorry arse near where you live in townsville with the operational deployment forces , i am not chinese my bees are on order now from adelaide bee sales this is not properganda you bone head it is fact and even if i was chinese i didnt know that bee keeping was for white aussies only wake up fool .