Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A little perspective  (Read 4729 times)

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
A little perspective
« on: December 12, 2019, 03:37:52 pm »

You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
Re: A little perspective
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 03:38:45 pm »
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 03:55:18 pm »
At daybreak on December 29, 1890 at Wounded Knee South Dakota the US government took the guns away from Big Foot's band of Lakota.  300 of the 350 were shot by the US government that same day.  Being disarmed has never worked out well.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 04:12:19 pm »
At daybreak on December 29, 1890 at Wounded Knee South Dakota the US government took the guns away from Big Foot's band of Lakota.  300 of the 350 were shot by the US government that same day.  Being disarmed has never worked out well.

Err ... Yup. One of several sad days in American history. ... with more to come if we are ever disarmed.

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 11:59:42 pm »
Err ... Yup. One of several sad days in American history. ... with more to come if we are ever disarmed.
The second amendment to me includes the right of the people to to keep and bear arms with burst and full auto....nothing less. It is not at its core about self defense in the home.

The Heller decision did not get it all right.

We might technically have not been disarmed, but we are certainly disadvantaged. The two historical pictures above include then state of the art military arms.
Tom

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 01:45:03 am »
The second amendment to me includes the right of the people to to keep and bear arms with burst and full auto....nothing less. It is not at its core about self defense in the home.

The Heller decision did not get it all right.

We might technically have not been disarmed, but we are certainly disadvantaged. The two historical pictures above include then state of the art military arms.

Very good point Tom.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 08:39:55 am »
Say Ben, I think this entire topic is about hate and it is so close to Christmas.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 09:58:25 am »
Say Ben, I think this entire topic is about hate and it is so close to Christmas.
Really, how so?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tom

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 10:16:48 am »
I agree, Ace. We do hate the thought of being slaughtered like a bunch of cattle.  You got it right for once.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline paus

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2019, 11:03:45 am »
Been watching the impeachment, Yep there is hate and the same people that demonstrate their hate would be using their time to take our God given rights if they weren't trying to impeach the President.  Blessings are often disguised, and we must look for them.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 11:13:17 am »
Blessings are often disguised, and we must look for them.

yup, and we may have just gotten one   :cheesy:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.