Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?  (Read 304153 times)

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
Re: HOW DID YOU CHOOSE YOUR MEMBER NAME?
« Reply #800 on: June 25, 2017, 06:05:32 am »
I am a licensed Captain.......hence Captain 776
Used to run Tugboats in the harbor and other vessels but my main job was in Oil n Gad
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.

Offline Turtletop Steve

• Brood
« Reply #801 on: July 14, 2017, 10:44:33 pm »
A friend of mine ask me to start a bee hive for his small farm and garden, he is a master Gardener. So I have just started to research bee keeping. His farm is call Turtletop. And my name is Steve.

Offline Sacred Venom

• Brood
« Reply #802 on: September 15, 2017, 05:15:29 pm »
I call myself Sacred Venom in the reference to the sacred and medicinal venom in our friends that bring us all together here on this forum.

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #803 on: September 15, 2017, 10:23:38 pm »
I call myself Sacred Venom in the reference to the sacred and medicinal venom in our friends that bring us all together here on this forum.

oH Dear... and almost truly subtropical BK'ing as well!
You will sure 'fit' here...heh :cool:

Mine (nym) is laid out here;
https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=804.msg439478#msg439478

G'day... an' welcome :-)

Bill

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #804 on: September 16, 2017, 10:46:01 am »
First initial and last name. Use it for most everything I can. Only have room in my head for so much information. Just trying to save hard drive space.

Offline wild-one

• Brood
« Reply #805 on: September 18, 2017, 03:57:22 pm »
My name comes from the fact that I have a wild hive.  I had an established, well supplied hive going into winter last year and they made it through and then died a few weeks into May :cry:.  I left empty boxes out on the hill to hopefully catch a swarm, but instead of popullating that, one decided to populate the boxes I have in my lower barn.  Go figure.  So now I have a wild hive that I am in the process of moving out of my barn up to the hill in the garden. 

Offline Flhtci01

• Brood
« Reply #806 on: November 11, 2017, 11:51:18 pm »
I just use my ride, a 2001 FLHTCI.  Otherwise known as a Harley Electra Glide Classic.

Offline Beepah

• New Bee
« Reply #807 on: November 12, 2017, 10:07:05 am »
Tried to come up with something bee-ish, slightly comical, and not already taken.  Was thinking "Beeper" but then decided to give a nod to my eastern Massachusetts upbringing, so it became "Beepah" ("Wicked Beepah" was too long...). 

Offline SoManyCats

• New Bee
« Reply #808 on: March 20, 2018, 06:59:38 pm »
I was sitting at my desk when I clicked on "Register" and just looked around me.  So.  Many.  Cats.

Offline moebees

• House Bee
« Reply #809 on: March 28, 2018, 12:48:18 pm »
Pun using my last name.
Bee-keeping is like raising Martians  - Isabella Rosselini

Offline LizzieBee

• House Bee
« Reply #810 on: March 30, 2018, 06:34:35 pm »
My nickname is Lizzie and I've always liked honeybees so I put them together.

LizzieBee

Offline Corpsman

• Brood
« Reply #811 on: April 06, 2018, 03:59:58 pm »
My name is what my job was while on active duty. Kind of unique, usually available.

Offline Flydown

• New Bee
« Reply #812 on: April 08, 2018, 09:07:38 pm »
At one point in my life, I was totally obsessed with turkey hunting. The first forum that I ever joined was a turkey hunting forum. As a turkey Hunter, my favorite time of day was when the turkeys would fly down from the roost. I just continued to use the same user name as I joined different forums and found that some other members recognized me from forum to forum.
"Not everything that can be counted, counts. Not everything that counts, can be counted."
Albert Einstein

Enjoy your blessings.
Lenord Vaughan

Offline tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #813 on: April 08, 2018, 10:58:08 pm »
My name is what my job was while on active duty. Kind of unique, usually available.

Welcome!

Offline Flamingo Beekeeper

• Brood
« Reply #814 on: April 19, 2018, 07:31:16 pm »
Well...It all started over 30 years ago.  I was in High School and was at a friends house reading a National Lampoon magazine.  It was the one that had the story of Wile E. Coyote suing ACME for faulty products!    :grin:  So in the back I was thumbing through the Classified ads trying to figure out which one would really make me look like Charles Atlas and make me a millionaire in a year!  Just then I saw it.  It was an add to order two pink Flamingos for only $19.99.  The add caught my eye because the bold print read "Go ahead be the first to ruin the neighborhood!" For whatever reason that struck me as pretty hilarious at the time and has stuck with me.  So now I use flamingos in my garden area year round.  I also take one or two camping and stake them out as well.  It is a big joke in the family now that Randy is flamingo crazy.  So I figured as a newb with big ambitions, if this year (my 1st at beekeeping), goes well I have lots of areas scouted out to add more hives and build up over over a larger area.  So I wanted to pick an unusual eye catching name and logo for my fledgling company should I actually build up to that point.  If nothing else it should make the honey jars stand out with a big pink bird on the label (yet to be designed).

Offline Roo

• Brood
    • Smith County Cycles
« Reply #815 on: April 30, 2018, 03:00:24 pm »
Roo is my nickname for the motorcycle club I belong to. My name is Joey and a baby kangaroo in Australia is called a roo...And a Roo has to keep its pouch full. Which means I like to EAT good food!   :cool:

Offline crumplezone

• Brood
« Reply #816 on: May 19, 2018, 02:05:30 pm »
I can't explain how it happened.
I think there must have been a car safety commercial playing in the other room, my subconscious picked it up, so when it came time to type a name "crumplezone" popped into my head out of nowhere!

Offline Beth the BEEutiful

• Brood
« Reply #817 on: June 19, 2018, 03:35:01 pm »
Beth because my name is ElisaBeth (yes the 'B' is capitalized) and I go by Beth. The BEEutiful is a play on my surname which is Fairchild (Child of the fair or beautiful), also my mother went by her middle name, Bee, and finally, this is all about BEEs here at Beemaster.
Sister of the late Brian D. Bray

Offline Sputnik

• House Bee
« Reply #818 on: June 19, 2018, 08:11:10 pm »
My Father has a sense of humor. He was stationed in northern Alaska durring the cold war space crisis about the same time I landed on this earth. So there was the origin of my nikname.

Offline Philliskirk

• Brood
« Reply #819 on: June 28, 2018, 11:28:12 am »
I chose my surname because it's not a common name. That way I won't forget it. 😀

anything