Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Plastic frames with warping foundation?  (Read 3176 times)

Offline bayareaartist

• House Bee
Plastic frames with warping foundation?
« on: June 20, 2005, 01:27:52 pm »

I was wondering about how many people have used plastic frames who have had problems with the plastic warped to one side.
When I ordered my initial stuff from one of the large suppliers, I ordered wax coated plastic frames. It was cool to get them but I did notice when I got them that some of them, their foundation warped to one side, I know about injection molding and why this might have happened. I put it aside and in the end I went with foundationless frames I built myself and I put the plastic aside. I have since cut the plastic out of 10 of the frames leaving a starter strip all the way around, I have yet to see how this works.

My question is, “finally” has other people noticed this problem and how have you dealt with it?
Donn

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 11:52:29 pm »
I just "crown" them all the same way.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 11:56:29 pm »
I just "crown" them all the same way.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin