Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pest control clean up crew?  (Read 2036 times)

Offline dennis2021

• House Bee
    • Orlando Bee Removal Expert
Pest control clean up crew?
« on: June 05, 2017, 03:45:24 pm »
How many of you guys run into colonies that have been sprayed by pest control? This is starting to really bum me out. I'm learning that most of the time they are using a non-repellant. :angry: Like Termador. What are ya'll finding?
Have a sweet day,
Dennis the Bee Guy

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Pest control clean up crew?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 04:36:31 pm »
Not many but I did chew out a pest control tech spraying the bushes around a Starbucks because the bees were all over the bushes and people were complaining because they were afraid of them.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Captain776

• House Bee
  • Captain
Re: Pest control clean up crew?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 11:51:29 pm »
We learned as children to be afraid of bees, wasps, yellowjackets and Hornets and were incorrectly told that Bumblebees don't sting.
Unless people become Beekeepers, or know a Beekeeper, they never lose the childhood fear and realize how gentle and calm Honeybees actually are.

I had a friend visit yesterday that is thinking of getting bees now that I did.
I did give him a veil, didn't want his first experience to be a face sting.
I went through 4 hives completely, removed second Brood Box, removed each frame from bottom box and showed him all aspects.
He remarked several times that not one bee went near him, that alone, really opened his eyes.

He will be getting his first NUC soon.
Bought my first NUC April 7, 2016.
Like all you when you first started, I am fascinated with beginning Beekeeping and trying to learn all I can.
I retired May 2015 and have added this to my short list of hobbies.