Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Best or a decent beekeeping suit brand?  (Read 2932 times)

Offline sixtus

• New Bee
Best or a decent beekeeping suit brand?
« on: October 22, 2019, 04:58:56 am »
Folks I see there are a few brands of beekeeping suit on the market. I'd like one of the complete protection suits. Being I am in the wet tropics where summer may push 45 degrees and humid would any particular brand or type stand out over the others here? Id be after anything possibly cooler, and good quality. Or just great quality if nothing is going to be cooler :)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Best or a decent beekeeping suit brand?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 03:34:59 pm »
Hard to beat Ultra-Breeze.  The next nearest is Golden Bee Products.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline sixtus

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 04:22:47 am »
Thankyou!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 08:40:36 am »
Both of the above have metal zippers, good materials and are made in the USA.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline crispy

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 07:16:32 am »
Hi i am in the same predicament about getting my gear only i live at the other end of the country one brand that has caught my attention is oz armour although they might be a little more expensive they seem to look the goods a few different brands about flow hive is another one that probably might be worth a look at as they are a big retailer of hives and probably would not sell rubbish ,i certainly would not buy one from ebay or alibaba or any of those chinese sites probably end up with nothing more than a chem suit with a hood .whatever you buy keep your dollars here in aus and help aussie sellers and companies

Online max2

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 05:18:52 pm »

Offline crispy

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 01:24:31 am »
Hi all just a quick update on my suit ,i decided to go for the flow suit after seeing others that came close but as i say i chose the flow suit . Now i dont have a flow hive just a normal run of the mill one but i know people when they see me wearing it will no doubt ask do you own a flow hive ? i think they are  good idea but i am a believer that you should learn the traditional ways of bee keeping first then if you want use one of these but thats just me ,i have nothing against them at all . One thing i didnt realize was just how heavy they are ,when i unpacked it it looked way to big  as i followed there instructions and got a size bigger ,anyway it fits good my legs are short so there is a bit of baggyness but it will be ok .Tried it on with what i would normally wear so when winter comes if i have to use it ill have plenty of room ,got  set of gloves and hive tool included in the price so cant complain gloves are about 40 dollars and hive tool is around 15 .