Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: GIRLS TEAR UP PLAYING FIELD IN 32 TO 3 ROUT OVER SHB TEAM!  (Read 7586 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: GIRLS TEAR UP PLAYING FIELD IN 32 TO 3 ROUT OVER SHB TEAM!
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2019, 12:52:53 am »
Checked the towel traps again today. I was pleased to see that the SHB population was way down. From 40-50 to 10-12. Some dead, a few I dispatched. The towels were shredded again, because I didn't get there sooner like I planned. And the hive was less happy than usual. A few of them started harassing me a little at the end. I think there may be a dearth going on some. They didn't build as much as I expected, although the combs looked good with capped honey, eggs and brood.

Sounds like a job well done!  Keep up the good work.
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Sputnik

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2019, 03:21:24 pm »
I put the towel traps in this morning. I plan to pull supers and extract on Friday. I. Hope it thins th heard of SHB.

Offline Sputnik

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2019, 12:10:49 pm »
I am impressed with the dine a max traps. 3 to 1 lead over the beetle blaster traps today. I will put more in when I return the sticky frames to the bees.

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2019, 01:35:16 pm »
Sputnik. I found out with small squares, maybe 3X5 inches, I have to change them out every 4 to 5 days or the girls will shred them completely to bits. But they do work. In the long lang/ warren hive category, I have a thread about mason jar traps that I hope will work better.

Offline Sputnik

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2019, 04:04:35 pm »
Bobll I use screen bottoms and oil trays. I want to do everything I can to eliminate the pest. I have not used any kind of poison for 5 years in my hives.
 I grow thyme and shove sprigs in the entrance. Between that and the screens I don't  hive mite problems either. I do not have the option of full sun. We have woods on 3 side and water on the other.
 Sputnik was what Dad named me. I am also Bob.
                  Have a great day, and blessings.
                                   Sputnik.

anything