Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Heroes - save the Cheerleader, save the World!  (Read 9354 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Heroes - save the Cheerleader, save the World!
« on: December 02, 2006, 10:45:07 am »
Here is another favorite I'm getting into - I recorder all TV shows through my computer using Microsoft Media Center Edition which basically is like TiVo, it allows me to record several weeks of a new series and watch them back to back to better follow a new series. Such was the case with Heroes.

This series follows many characters, most having little to do with each other in the beginning but slowly meeting each other either randomly or scheduled. To mention them all would be long-winded, but surely someone else is watching this show.

Heroes are ordinary people who are going through evolutionary changes in human development. A professor from India is killed after breaking a genetic code that allows him to find the names and address of the first set of Heroes - the heroes have interesting but limited powers and are stalked by a mystery character that we only get a real glimpse of at the end of the Fall series.

I like this show, it is done somewhat in comic book fashion which is nice and follows the opening theme where a Japanese character (also named Hero -sp.) teleports himself to the future into Times Square, NY and he literally picks up a comic book from a new-stand with HIM on the cover. In the pages as he thumbs through, you get many clues to the episodes and events ahead.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: Heroes - save the Cheerleader, save the World!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 11:33:54 am »
His name is spelled Hiro.

I just watched the one where Hiro finally returns to Midland after trying to save the waitress. Not real sure of the relivance of all of that. Classic tale of a hero falling in love only to lose the one he loves I guess. Or perhaps to show you really can't change the past. But didn't he change it?

What/who is the cheerleaders dad anyways?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 01:00:57 pm by Jerrymac »
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 02:51:46 pm »
The Cheerleader's Adoptive Dad is truly an interesting character. In the first episodes, it was hard to tell if he was a good guy or bad - and now I'm finally leaning toward good guy in a bad situation, one who really loves his daughter.

He works with that guy with powers to erase as much or all of a persons memories as he wishes, literally even changing the person's personality. The father does bad things (like forcing heroin into a recovering junkie) because the junkie paints images of the future.

The Father mentioned he has been tracking the BAD GUY who is killing off the Heroes for about a decade, so obviously there were many more Heroes and many more to come - it is this theme that reminds me of The 4400, where each week they introduce a new character also with special powers, but typically for only one episode.

I too am interested to see what the Father will do next - I know he is capable of terrible things with little regrets. I think this show has lots of possibilities, having characters with special, albeit flawed special powers is interesting. Hiro can stop time to correct a bad situation, but he has little accuracy when warping thru time. The younger brother of a political candidate who can fly at will only has special powers when near other people with special powers.

I thought it interesting that in a resent episode the Cheerleader was not only dead (to those who don't know it, she has killed herself many times just to come back to life within seconds and with near instantaneous full healing) but she was laying on a autopsy table with her chest-plate removed - when she came to, she reached over, put in back in place and it healed over in seconds. Mean while, the theme SAVE THE CHEERLEADER, SAVE THE WORLD finally makes some sense when we find out that the BAD GUY uses his finger like a laser to cut the top of Heroes heads off, this is the only way OBVIOUSLY to kill the Cheerleader.

It should be interesting, I was greatly disappointed when NBC cancelled SURFACE after the first season, that was really building up after some seriously unrealistic plot flaws. I didn't see it NOT coming back and NBC has been inundated with fan mail asking them to rethink their cancellation.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 04:56:54 pm »
looks like the bad guy takes on the abilities of those he kills?  if he killed the cheerleader somehow, it would make killing him next to imposable.

interesting show.  i like things with an odd twist.  hiro is especially good.  he adds a lighter touch to what otherwise might be a heavy show.

I know he is capable of terrible things with little regrets

people who do "terrible things" for the sake of doing terrible things, have no regrets.  people who do terrible things because they must, should have no regrets.

i like the 4400 too.......and sg1, sg atlantis, ........
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 05:03:54 pm »
I just got to watch the "SIX MONTHS AGO" episode (latest) and it tied a lot of stuff together. Really looking forward to this coming cliff-hanger episode. Meeting Skyler finally and seeing him develope into a depository of powers from the people he kills is a bit scary, but ties things together. Also the connection between the brothers and the split personality of Nikki. Great Characters.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 10:19:31 pm »
"We could be heroes just for one day!"  - David Bowie

And the one guy can pass through solid objects. (Mike's Dad)

I have to admit it is the first time in a long time I have enjoyed a regular network show enough to be excited when the next episode comes along.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline beekeeperookie

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 05:15:09 pm »
I love this show it is great, it reminds me alot of X-men.  I think Peter and Skyler will face off in the season finally.  Soon as Peter learns to control his powers he posseses.   :-D

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 01:03:36 pm »
heroes starts again pretty soon.  hope they still have it on sci-fi on friday.  I WILL NOT MISS 24, even for this great new show!  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 01:36:50 pm »
Kathy:

I think I mentioned this, but I use the computer to record ALL of 24 - 3 out of four episodes I'm at work, on one shift or another and I'd never get to follow the show in a exciting way - until the invent of media edition (or any DVR machine) What I do is record the WHOLE SERIES and then take two days when I'm off to watch all episodes back to back, zipping thru 20 minutes and hour worth of commercials.

Meanwhile, If Heroes will be the competition - I'll have to have it taped, or watch at work or at home. I wouldn't mind missing a show of Heroes, the recap is usually pretty good - but I'd rather have a "Lighter" show like Heroes to catch when home with my wife (she doesn't watch 24) so we'd had a less tense show to watch together.

TV is changing too - they are making more original episodes of many shows to be competitive, and the amazing part is many networks now stream all these shows for FREE with simple 30 second long commercials between the segments. Very interesting paradigm shift in TV.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 04:21:29 pm »
I watched the first "24" and liked it a lot. Then I started the second season and it didn't seem to me that they followed the time line as strickly as the first show did. (Jack seemed to get to different locations way too fast) So it lost the zing for me and I haven't watched it since.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline amymcg

• Field Bee
    • http://www.mcglothlinmusic.com
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 12:02:30 am »
I'm anxious for the next season of Heroes. I'm glued.

BTW - for those of you without Tivo or the equivalent, you can watch entire episdoes starting the day after they have aired on the internet at the broadcaster's website.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 06:35:34 am »
Got a link to that?

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 08:21:08 am »
Jerry:

The Heroes episodes air at www.nbc.com - just follow the links, you can't miss them to the episode streams. Again, just a 30 second commercial to deal with between segments - Happy 07.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 01:56:49 pm »
i know i can watch it on the computer, but our gift to ourselves was a nice big flat screen tv :-).  now i don't want to see little pictures!  of course....if i could get him off the ball games, i'd actually be able to watch the thing :-(

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 05:08:10 pm »
You guys are really smart to be able to use your computer to watch shows
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 06:31:11 pm »
You guys are really smart to be able to use your computer to watch shows
kirko
Not really. We just take advantage of all the other smart people who make it easy.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 07:29:16 pm »
Brendhan:

Ain't that true - programs like the forum here are made by really smart people, I'm fortunate enough to understand the most basic of features an Admin. needs. Somedays, I get lost inthe control panel and hope I can back out without breaking something  :roll:

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 10:22:23 am »
Anyone watch last night's episode?
This replica provided by Linderman Industries.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 03:30:35 pm »
Brendhan:

I caught the new episode, it was a good start and good finish, interesting new character - invisible to people YET pays his bill at an outdoor eatery. Poor Hiro, got his powers to get him the mock-sword, and we get insight to the next chapter.

NBC and FOX fighting out this time slot with Heroes and 24 - should be interesting. 24 surely should kick butt, BUT I'm sure many people are watching one and recording the other - like me - lol.

So far I have NOT watched but 15 minutes of 24 - I'll get to watch the first 3 episodes over the weekend and catch up. Last season I recorded it all and watched it in a couple marathon shifts. I've been getting too much info from the upcoming commercials, so I can tell what's going on, but I'll survive :)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 06:26:39 pm »
interesting new character - invisible to people YET pays his bill at an outdoor eatery.

I thought you might have looked at that wrong. He is not paying his bill, he is steeling money. See it here

http://www.nbc.com/Video/rewind/full_episodes/heroes.shtml

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 08:27:36 pm »
Jerry:

Interesting, it makes you wonder what he needs money for if he's invisible "No one sees me!" he says, it's obvious that he's having a part in the following weeks, should be interesting - thanks Jerry.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 09:21:37 pm »
surely there is someone that knows him and takes care of him...... Wild guess..... But still, being invi8sible he could get away with a lot. But then the TV and movies have to make some allowances. After all his clothes wouldn't be transparant.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 03:19:48 pm »
finally got to watch it.  great start to the season.  hope they keep it up!

Offline bennettoidjr

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2007, 01:34:22 pm »
Me and my Dad have seen every show!