Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: who needs a mentour?  (Read 2137 times)

Offline the bee boy

• New Bee
  • "PLEASE, just ONE more cookie?!!!!"
who needs a mentour?
« on: February 25, 2010, 12:14:04 pm »
hey, if any new beeks need a mentour(virtual mentour) then just pm me! thanks! :bee:
"when life gives you lemons, squirt them in your enemy's eyes!"

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: who needs a mentour?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 12:20:02 pm »
I'm sure you will get many responses, since you won't put your location in your profile. Canadian beeks don't want a southern Florida mentor, nor vice versa. He knows nothing about their beekeeping.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Wynoochee_newbee_guy

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 11:38:45 pm »
I would more then happy to mentor any one in western wa
Its All Fun And Games Till I lose an EYE!

Offline Dracono

• House Bee
    • Rachels Amazing Spices
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 11:55:44 pm »
I could use a mentour but I live in az but any info is always good for me
Dracono

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 12:18:15 am »
best thing is to find a local bee club. I have Idea what type of floral is in AZ or problems one might have. Plus if I remember you want to do TBH's and I would not recomend that for a new Beek. but if you invest  in TBH's find a local beek thats been working TBH's for a long time to help you out when you need to requeen manipulate frames to promote brood and honey production.

Offline Dracono

• House Bee
    • Rachels Amazing Spices
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 12:57:49 am »
the local club is a long drive away and now my truck is down unfortunately  :(  I have a person here how is helping me out the best she can but she is only around so often.

I am thinking of getting a langstroth hive as well as a werre I want to see which I feel most comfortable with. the only way to be sure is to do it you know...

I have always been a hands on person and I am a fast learner when it comes to something I want to learn.

We have Mesquite, Catclaw, Ironwood, different cactus that bloom's too. as for pests other then mice/rats I don't know of any others yet.
Dracono

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 02:38:12 am »
you will find more information, books, videos, Publications, thousand more beeks that can help you, If you you use the modern Hive thats 158 years old.
1 you can really get to know Bee's behavior with a langsroth hive better then any other hive.
thats why LLL invented it.
2 you will be able to inspect and see problems faster then a TBH.
3 A TBH is counter productive to the natural progression of bees, they go up in building their hive not out.
4 if you have a weak hive and need to combine two its easy all parts fit.
if you need to make a split again easy.
so if want and need help ask. I have a TBH for traps out side of that I don't use them.
best of luck and may you enjoy the best hobby on earth.