Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Small External Colony On Tree branch-With An Audience  (Read 2258 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Small External Colony On Tree branch-With An Audience
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:41:02 am »
Yeah, this nice lady hired me to remove a nice little external colony on her tree branch. She had a few different bee removal companies tell her they wanted hundreds of dollars, (one between 3-400.00).

She said money was tight due to an upcoming surgery.

I had passed by earlier to look at the hive while she was at work and told her she could pay me whatever she liked as this lil hive was not much more than a swarm really. We settled on a price but then she called me back and said I was too cheap and that they wanted to give me a hundred bucks.

I mentioned that I had videos up on youtube if she would like to view some of my work.

She and her husband watched some of the videos and became interested and excited about our venture to remove her colony.

She invited some friends over and a few neighbors to watch the show.

It was a lot of fun folks.

...JP

Small External Honey Bee Colony
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Small External Colony On Tree branch-With An Audience
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:09:29 pm »
Jp this is one of your best video's I really like it when you take the time and tell them about the bee's pollen honey and stuff like that and showing them the queen was cool. I like it when you do that.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline TwoHoneys

• House Bee
    • TwoHoneys
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 05:40:00 pm »
Anytime you need an audience to talk to as you work, JP, you can just think of me.

I'm really gonna miss these 10-minutes-with-JP videos when things slow down in Louisiana.

Liz
"In a dream I returned to the river of bees" W.S. Merwin

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 07:37:56 pm »
Well done JP.    Again.    :)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 09:50:53 pm »
It's always fun to have others get involved isn't it? Dennis2021 and I (and his lovely wife Beth as well) did a block wall cut out last Sat. and the owner was a real gem!

Great job again Bro!

Scott

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline jhs494

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 10:17:50 pm »
Very nice video JP.  You were on your best behavior with the audience being so close by.

Great job and Thanks for Sharing it with us!
Joe S.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 12:17:18 am »
Removing bees is fun and having others to share the experience with is even more fun. They were a great group of people.

Yes, I had to behave, couldn't yell at anyone, that would have been weird.  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com