Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: More Insight l General George S Patton  (Read 207 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
More Insight l General George S Patton
« on: January 18, 2023, 12:07:01 am »
Ten facts mostly unknown by the general public, (according to the History Channel).

https://youtu.be/hCSZnlGefM4
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: More Insight l General George S Patton
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 09:13:52 am »
I did know all of that.  He should have won the pentathlon but they didn't have the system they have now so when he fired some bullets in the same hole they counted it as a complete miss.  Now they have a target with a second piece of paper on a scroll behind the target so each bullet gets a secondary target for just that shot.  if they had that he would have won. The idea of the pentathlon was always to measure skills a gentleman should have:  Shooting (pistol), Swimming, Fencing, Equestrian. Cross country running.  My eighth grade social studies teacher served under Patton.  My landlord at one of my first homes was one of Patton's aide-de-camps. Patton's men loved him.  I'm not convinced that the reasons for putting Patton at Calais was because they thought it would make it more convincing.  It think it was just luck that it worked out the way it did.  The fake force was so obviously fake to the Germans that they thought it was a double fake.  The Germans thought the allies were pretending there was a fake force when there was a real force and this was more convincing because Patton was there.  But I think it was just luck, or Providence.  My two favorite stories about Patton was when he rescued the allies at the battle of the bulge when he was far from the closest force and when he was told by the army to halt outside of Trier and skip it because it ?would take four divisions? to seize the city, Patton responded, ?Have taken Trier with two divisions?do you want me to do, give it back??
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin