Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: hello from West by God Virginia  (Read 1498 times)

Offline hillbillycop

• Brood
hello from West by God Virginia
« on: July 21, 2011, 04:26:16 am »
Hi, my name is John. Im Southern West Virginialittle about myself i'm 30, prior military, veteran of Iraq, and Afgan, currently i'm a Deputy Sheriff. i'm all about the outdoors, if not at work or paid or not paid lol IE at home, then im in the woods and or the water. i do have a little exp. with bee keeping. As a youngen my grandmother allways kept bees, and she allways let me help with the upkeep, lol and my fav was what she called honey day ummm. But I want to come into this as comple newbe. Any help, comments, or sugestions are welcome. Thank you.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: hello from West by God Virginia
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 08:19:54 am »
Hello and Welcome!

I'm sure you'll find this forum to be an informative site to learn more about bees and beekeeping.

I recommend that you get involved with a local beekeeping club. Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected to nearby beekeepers:
http://www.wvbeekeepers.org/Associations.html

Offline Shanevrr

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:35:01 am »
welcome
www.Valleybeesupply.com
"A responsible beekeeper is a successful one"
Shane C.

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:59:19 am »
Welcome to the forum, John.   :cheer:

Most of the people here are very helpful. There are one or two who will talk down at a new person but I believe it is because they have seen just about all the questions before not because they are trying to be mean. The way I look at it, everyone was new at one time or another, so ask all the questions you want and someone will try to help you.

BTW After your first posting no one will know where you are from unless you change your profile to include where you are. That way the beeks on here can give you more relative help.  -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:04:22 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

anything