Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: PHOTOS?  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Royall

• House Bee
  • Yes, snow in Hawaii
PHOTOS?
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:52:30 pm »
I've been around several forums but have never had the problem of not figuring out how to post one. That is until I tried on this forum! How is it done here? I've been reading what I can find here on the subject. Can someone give me a heads up on this? I am using Shutterfly photo hosting.

Moots

Re: PHOTOS?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 06:18:40 pm »
Royall,
upload your picture to Shutterfly and copy the url link...From the forum click the image button and place the url to your picture in between the img and /img contained in brackets.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 06:48:09 pm »
also you have to have a few post so the software will recognize as not a spammer so if you are a new member send them to a mod and they will post them for you
to bee or not to bee

Offline Royall

• House Bee
  • Yes, snow in Hawaii
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 07:09:42 pm »
OK, got it figured out (I think...) we'll see if I can duplicate the feat when I try it again!! LOL

BIG thanks guys!!

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 08:09:46 pm »
any photo hosting site works.  i have mine on Picasa, but you can use the one here of several others.  the key is that the pic has to be hosted on line.  you can't link it or upload it from your own hard drive.  i think that's what confuses some people.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Royall

• House Bee
  • Yes, snow in Hawaii
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 08:41:31 pm »
Thanks Kathy.... Odd thing on my view of the forum screen. After I used the little icon to add the "urls" to no avail, I went into "modify" and deleted the urls. Did that a couple of time and then a line appeared just below the modicons and the text box that said "Add image to post". I didn't see that there before! When I clicked on that line, it opened a box that let me upload photos from the web or my computer. I know it wasn't there before... I'm old but not blind!! LOL :-D  What ever though, I've been able to get the photos posted!

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 01:56:12 pm »
Way to go Moots!  I now understand how to post pictures instead of just links to pictures.  The arrow gave me the aha! moment.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

anything