Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dreams that become reality  (Read 17907 times)

Offline Miss Chick-a-BEE

• House Bee
Dreams that become reality
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 01:27:42 am »
Latebee-
You been reading up on John's out of body experiences? You're starting to write a little like him. LOL

Beth :)

Offline latebee

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2005, 11:00:47 pm »
Beth,
    I really enjoy John's spin on OBE,and only wish that I could articulate my ideas as well as he does. Really I just enjoy talking about some of the things most folks are afraid to talk about.Its easier for me here because nobody gets a chance to argue thier point until I finish posting.LOL  I just hope Ryan does not accuse me of going into the honey cupboard like he did you a few months ago! :lol:
The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.

Offline Miss Chick-a-BEE

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2005, 11:57:49 am »
I never balk at the stories people tell. I've seen some pretty unbelievable stuff myself. I've never seen a UFO though. But I've had quite a few "ghost" encounters.

I like hearing other peoples stories.

Beth

Offline ayyon2157

• House Bee
out of body experiences, dreams, etc
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2005, 02:00:53 am »
Hi everybody.  I have been interested in OOB experiences since reading Robert Monroe's stuff 50 years ago or so.  I can't do them at will, but have had several.

There is usually a jolt or click when returning to my body, but not always.  When I was stationed overseas in France, I sometimes would be "back in Indiana" and if something bothered my body and I would have to return to it, it took a measurable amount of time, which I calculated to be much faster than the speed of sound, but slower than the speed of light, although much closer to  speed of light. This felt sort of like being pulled back on an elastic cord.

The last one I had was when I was lying a sweaty mess on a couch suffering much from a kidney stone, exhausted and trying to find a position which hurt less, and finally dozed off to sleep.  I awoke, and was puzzled to realize that "I" was lying BEHIND myself and actually "in" the couch back.  This alarmed me and I tried to move, and instantly found myself back in my pain racked body.

A slightly different phenemona is what I take to be "lucid dreams" where I realize that I am dreaming while in a dream.  Once I saw some buildings in the distance, and flew to them, wishing to look in the windows.  Believing this to be something completaly new to me I eagerly anticipated what I would see, but found to my intense disappointment that I could see whatever I wished to see (or created if you prefer).  No fun in that!

Well, I had better get to bed--plan to write more later.

ayyon2157
William H. Michaels

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2005, 09:29:14 am »
Dunno if this qualifies, not a dream that literally became true in the details, but . . .

I used to have a recurring dream.  I dreamed I was the new owner of a house, usually a ramshackle old shack about to fall down.  There was a feeling of sadness to the dream.  But nevertheless, some friends and I would go in and start exploring my new home.  Eventually, I would discover a secret door -- under the satirs, in a basement wall -- and open in.  Stairs would lead down to a large chamber below.  An virtual palace awaited me there!  Always a huge room with other rooms leading off, once it was a great hall full of tapestries and gold appointments and a banquet laid out, or a room full of band instruments and uniforms (I was heavy into music that time in my life), but always a discovery of great wealth.  And I'd be ecstatic at discovering a treasure beneath the hovel I'd bought.  Then the real estate agent would show up and tell me "this part of the house was not included in the deal."  Then the sadness again.  And I'd wake up.

Reading some books on dream interpretation, I came to realize that the ramshackle house represented me -- appearing on the surface to be worth little or nothing, but hiding a treasure beneath.  But that treasure was always being denied to me, apparently by those around me who seemed to be in authority and "in the know," but weren't really.  About 13 or 14 years ago, with the help of close and long-standing friends, I began making changes in my life and changed my attitude about what I "should" be striving for.  I finally found that treasure within me -- not necessarily gold or riches -- but contentment, peace and pride.  And I haven't had that dream in over a decade.

Literally a case of dreams coming true!

-- Kris

Offline latebee

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 12:33:14 am »
Kris,it sounds like you are finally at ease with yourself.That is sometimes a very difficult thing to accomplish in lifes journey.I am extremely happy for you! :) A good post like this is an inspiration.
The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.

anything