Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Re: NATIONAL SERPENT DAY
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 12:03:43 am »
We used to have a cat that brought live snakes into the house and turn them loose. Often times my son would call my Judy when she was at work. She would ask what color is the snake. It was usually a black snake. A Black Racer.
She would tel him to see where it goes so that she could find it when she gets home.
We also had a cat that brought in live frogs and turn them loose. She taught our dog to catch them and take them back outside.
I was out to sea most of the time so Judy had to learn how to deal with the critters by herself.
One day during a six month cruise, she was walking to the front door with 2 brown grocery bags in her arms. She heard what she thought was a cicada as she approached the door. Luckily the door was to the right and she saw a six foot rattle snake on the door step. She ended up trapping it with a pool net until a snake expert came and got it. She?s tough.
Jim Altmiller
I've learned the hard way that at least finger joints are a must in my climate.  I bought some boxes a few years ago that don't have them and they are SO warped already. 
I bought the nicest boxes for the littlest amount ever, they had dovetails cut in them. Ill never go back again.
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: reuse of plastic foundation
« Last post by Bill Murray on May 29, 2024, 09:36:19 pm »
Well as said, let the wax moths do their job. Im going to get picky here, the vid didnt actually show a 4 or 5 yr frame. My honest opinion about 6 months.
« Last post by Lesgold on May 29, 2024, 06:46:12 pm »
I used to clean plastic foundation that way. The soaking speeds things up considerably. You can do it without soaking but it is very slow. It is a messy job when you have to clean a lot of foundation. Gum boots help but the best thing to wear would be fishing waders as you do get covered in all sorts of rubbish. Old brood foundation is hard to clean due to pollen, wax and propolis build up. Soaking helps to break this gunk down.
« Last post by Ben Framed on May 29, 2024, 04:37:52 pm »
I hope it works as easy as it looks! Let us know please..

Phillip
« Last post by Caashenb on May 29, 2024, 04:29:30 pm »
Jeff  > Florida Bee Rancher< is a member here. In this short video, he shows and tells his simple solution to easily clean your wax foundation. After watching the short clip, I don?t know how it could be any simpler or easier to do than this.

https://youtu.be/rDxLA6MKa3k?si=j8AWXQBpChhsFRQA

That is what I think I was looking for easy peasy
Today I checked on colony status and to my surprise I had to put a third deep super on six colonies.

This is only my fourth year of keeping bees but this is the first year I have seen a flow like we have now. This has been a great spring with plenty of rain and moderate temps.
« Last post by Ben Framed on May 29, 2024, 03:50:26 pm »
>I wonder if the soaking is necessary.

I've some to clean up.  We'll find out, eh?

Good question and one I do not have the answer too.
I will say that Jeff is consistent in 'trying' to find a "better way"  Therefore I have little doubt that he has tried it both ways. Let us know how it works out for you without the soaking please...

Phillip
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Re: NATIONAL SERPENT DAY
« Last post by Salvo on May 29, 2024, 02:22:31 pm »
Hi Folks,

It's a curse,... this reptile disfunction.

Sal
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
anything