Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Map at the Top of this Forum  (Read 2258 times)

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
The Map at the Top of this Forum
« on: March 20, 2008, 04:51:22 pm »
I replied in a different post about the MAP everyone is concerned about, but please keep in mind that you just need to scroll down the page below the map - this page loads as fast as any other (as Robo said) but it is the map applet that takes time to load. Many posts have been stickied above concerning the use of the map and now the map might end up being in a child forum of this one, or moved elsewhere. My own choice is to keep it here and listen to the complaints, until someone comes up with a better solution. The map remains a growing feature initiated by Robo, it serves a good purpose and it belongs with this forum. Actually, this forum grew around the map, not the other way around.

If you aren't concerned about the map, then just scroll down to the posts. The map is a service to members, where is it suppose to go "other than this forum" is beyond me, I sit here pondering how to make everyone happy and then I remember, that is an impossibility in this life - this is not bliss, it is a beekeeping forum.

John, you're right, the map belongs here.  It does load slowly, though, and some may never realize there's posts below.  Just above the map are a few words about the map.  Why not add a message there about scrolling down to read more about the cutouts, or somesuch?

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
Re: The Map at the Top of this Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 04:56:17 pm »
Or perhaps move the map to the bottom of the page where it will be fully loaded by the time one scrolls down that far.
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens