Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: veterinarian  (Read 2381 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
veterinarian
« on: May 19, 2017, 06:40:25 pm »
One Sunday, in counting the money in the weekly offering, the preacher of a small church found a pink envelope containing $1,000. It happened again the next week!

The following Sunday, he watched as the offering was collected and saw an elderly woman put the distinctive pink envelope on the plate. This went on for weeks until the pastor, overcome by curiosity, approached her.

"Ma'am, I couldn't help but notice that you put $1,000 a week in the collection plate," he stated.

"Why yes," she replied, "every week my son sends me money and I give some of it to the church."

The preacher replied, "That's wonderful. But $1000 is a lot, are you sure you can afford this? How much does he send you?"

The elderly woman answered, "$10,000 a week."

The preacher was amazed. "Your son is very successful; what does he do for a living?"

"He is a veterinarian," she answered.

"That's an honourable profession, but I had no idea they made that much money," the preacher said. "Where does he practice?"

The woman answered proudly, "In Nevada  ... He has two cat houses, one in Las Vegas, and one in Reno ".

"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline gww

• Super Bee
Re: veterinarian
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 09:53:40 pm »
This reminds me of the three boys who were discussing what they wanted to be when they grew up.  On boy said I want to be a lawyer,  he said my dad works for a lawyer and that the lawyer drives a big cadillac.

The next boy says he wants to be a doctor, he said his dad cuts a doctors lawn and the doctor has a great big mercedes.

The third boy said I want to be covered with hair.  The other two boys looked at him and ask why.

He said well, my sister only has a patch of hair about the size of my fist and she had two cadillacs and two mercedes.
Cheers
gww

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 04:22:44 am »
Nice....
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline MsIbuki

• Brood
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 05:41:22 am »
I always wanted to become a veterinarian, being inspired by many films on this subject and my great love for animals. At the moment I am doing some courses that I found on https://www.veterinaryschoolsu.com/vet-assistant/certification/ and after I finish the courses and get my certificate, I have already found where to work in this field. My parents did not agree at first with my choice of profession, my mother always wanting me to become a doctor, but I explained that being a veterinarian will bring me even more satisfaction, and in the end, she understood and supported me.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 04:42:30 am by MsIbuki »

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 01:11:53 pm »
MsIbuki,
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin