BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

Weathertex lids and baseboards

<< < (2/3) > >>

Honeyeater:
If you think $85 is expensive for a screened baseboard, checkout the Flow ones mate. I was going to order another, and cheapest option is $160 delivered (no pick up option with Flow) and they are not even well made. At least the ones I already have are not, they're shoddy, and I don't think I am allowed to say that on the other forum.

Yeah shame about the SHB, that study looks convincing though and am willing to give it a go to keep condensation in check. Once we get SHB, I will reassess.

Beelab:
I?m just trialing blue bee bottom boards. I heard they claim to pretty much don?t even let the SHB in. I think you can get them from Burnett?s beekeeping supplies. Worth a try I reckon.
You can also get your weather tex gear there.

crispy:
I went onto ebay and got some mess there suitable for a 8 frame hive using it for my bee catching vacum has a hole size of about 3mm if you are handy you could probably make your own ventilated base board wasnt that expensive either . [ You are not allowed to view attachments ][ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

BellGumGardenBees:
My understanding is that a real positive for weathertex is that all sugars and starches are removed.

Garigal:

--- Quote from: Beelab on November 04, 2020, 06:54:52 am ---I?m just trialing blue bee bottom boards. I heard they claim to pretty much don?t even let the SHB in. I think you can get them from Burnett?s beekeeping supplies. Worth a try I reckon.
You can also get your weather tex gear there.

--- End quote ---

Pretty much every baseboard or beetle trap claims to be a magic all-in-one solution to SHB but most of it is just marketing puffery.

They all have pros and cons and usually have to be used in some sort of combination, but I?m finding the best thing is a strong colony in a space they can adequately patrol while also removing any cracks or crevices beetles can retreat to like grooved bottom bars on frames.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version