ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Raising Meat Rabbits

<< < (22/22)

Ben Framed:
You are in a Blessed family! Keep the love revolving.  :grin:  I am not trying to change the subject from rabbits to dogs but I've been wondering, how is your Anatolian Shepherd that you was telling us about in the topic  My Friend Tuff?  I hope she is fitting right in with the family program?

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on July 21, 2020, 12:28:06 am ---You are in a Blessed family! Keep the love revolving.  :grin:  I am not trying to change the subject from rabbits to dogs but I've been wondering, how is your Anatolian Shepherd that you was telling us about in the topic  My Friend Tuff?  I hope she is fitting right in with the family program?

--- End quote ---
It's actually not off topic, since another reason why we wanted to raise our own meat was to feed our dogs.  We have 2 Anatolians actually, and they are absolutely phenomenal.  It's been a challenge to socialize them with the pandemic, but they are getting better on leash lately with consistent training.  They tend to act up on leash around other dogs, our male because he doesn't like other dogs, and our female because she's too friendly and isn't polite.  They were kind of a nuisance about chewing on things when they were younger, but now that they are both over a year old they have basically grown out of that.  They are so smart, and training them has been kind of different from our other dogs, because they really need only positive reinforcement.  They are very sensitive and their feelings are easily hurt, and in spite of their gigantic size they are so extremely gentle.  We have a lab mix who we found as a puppy, and he can be a little snappy at times, since he's kind of a fearful dog.  Not so with the Anatolians, they would never, ever, ever, in a million years lash out at us for any reason.  Although I imagine an intruder wouldn't fair quite as well.  :wink:       

Nock:
Fine looking meal. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version