Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lakota cowboy  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Lakota cowboy
« on: March 11, 2019, 11:24:35 am »
A Texas rancher was driving up through Pine Ridge rez and saw a Lakota man on a horse herding a few head of cattle.  He stopped his truck and motioned the Indian to the road.  The Lakota man road over to the fence and the Texan asked him how much land he owned.  The Lakota man gestured with his chin to the corner posts and said "you can pretty much see it from here... those are the corners."  The Texan puffed out his chest and said, "back in Texas I can get in my truck in the morning and drive all day and not get to the end of my Ranch".  The Indian looked thoughtful a minute.  Then he nodded his head and said, "yea, I had a truck like that once".
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Lakota cowboy
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 02:22:16 pm »
 :cheesy:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 11:50:19 pm »
 :smile:
Neill

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 07:21:38 am »
Must've been a Ford.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 09:15:57 am »
That is for sure. 😀
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything