ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE

Any products you recommend to repel deer?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Acebird:

--- Quote from: gww on July 13, 2017, 03:44:22 pm ---So  far my single 6 foot fence has worked for the deer for the garden (so far knock on wood).

--- End quote ---
Like anything else a fence is a deterrent so if your neighbor has a garden without a fence they will go there.  Deer are not inclined to go between fences so unless starvation is eminent they will really avoid a double fence.

bwallace23350:
Loud dogs and a fence?

Eric Bosworth:
30/06 is usually effective... If you happen to catch them in the act.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Eric Bosworth:

--- Quote from: bwallace23350 on July 17, 2017, 12:51:57 pm ---Loud dogs and a fence?

--- End quote ---
The fence maybe but the dogs don't seem to help much... Maybe it is the breed of dog. Labs are not much help... German Shorthair Pointers maybe if they aren't snuggling in bed all night. The problem is you need a nocturnal dog. I have not found a consistently nocturnal dog and when Gunner has been nocturnal he was roaming the neighborhood doing who knows what rather than chasing deer away from the garden.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

jalentour:
Eric,
I don't live every day at the farm, just 2-3 days a week, so, I can't really do live animals right now.
I tried this with some success,  https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/prepping-101-tripwire-booby-traps-perimeter-alarms-fire-22-cal-blanks-209-primers-video-review/  .
A 9mm works well around dusk for the varmits, mostly racoons and possum, bought a laser site. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version