Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Avatar for this forum  (Read 4468 times)

Offline gaucho10

• House Bee
    • Bees, Bats and Beyond
« on: December 20, 2009, 11:24:46 am »
Hope I am posting in the right spot...Anybody know if I can get a new avatar on this forum without having to get pictures from a URL?  I just want to use one of my personal pics but I don't belong to any particular picture DL webpage.
My favorite comedy program used to be Glenn Beck--The only thing is that after I heard the same joke over and over again it became BOOOORING.....

People who have inspired me throughout my life---Pee-wee Herman, Adolph Hitler, George W. Bush, Glenn Beck.
Notice I did not say they were people who I admire !!!

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Avatar for this forum
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 11:57:19 am »
I think you can send it to a mod and they will do it for you.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 12:00:16 pm »
if you were looking to join a site, picasa is really easy to use. if you already have any google accounts, all you have to do is download it.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline gaucho10

• House Bee
    • Bees, Bats and Beyond
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2009, 01:20:48 pm »
Thanks Irwin.
kathyp,  I heard of picasa and how easy it is but what about google?  I do have google.  So do I just go to that page and UL y pic and use google as a transfer location???
My favorite comedy program used to be Glenn Beck--The only thing is that after I heard the same joke over and over again it became BOOOORING.....

People who have inspired me throughout my life---Pee-wee Herman, Adolph Hitler, George W. Bush, Glenn Beck.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 02:13:36 pm »
pisaca works best google chrome it's easy to update. here is a link too how I did the avatar thing it may help. You can read the whole thing but the last one I think will help the best.

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,23101.0.html
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline gaucho10

• House Bee
    • Bees, Bats and Beyond
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 01:48:08 am »
Thank you folks for the help.  I managed to accomplish my goal although somewhere along the line the picture got distorted and my strap hit me on the face.  Oh well...

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 06:48:14 pm »
Hope I am posting in the right spot...Anybody know if I can get a new avatar on this forum without having to get pictures from a URL? 

Help!
My avatar has gone missing along with smileys etc. If I go into my profile I can select mine (mobile scorpion) but it will not appear on my post. I had trouble with being redirected a few days ago, google beemaster and directed to a 'dnsopelautoford' search engine? that appears okay now thanks to spybot! I also have trouble in logging in can take up to 6 go's to access the site.
Hope someone can help.
Regards
cider 
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 07:43:48 pm »
Sounds like you may have a bug of some sort.I can see your avatar in your posts just fine.
I like to use malwarebytes, spybot S&D and adaware by Lavasoft to scan for stuff.They are all free.