Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: well established hive and this years split both needing a home CA "the Valley"  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Garlicyoda

• New Bee
    • food for pandas
how ever it works i went from almost no reaction to magical systemic   ER , IV', steroids and epi pens. So looks like my bee keeping hobbie is on hold until I spend a lot of time with an allergist.

That being said if anyone in "the valley", " the east bay ", modest, turlock, south Sac ( how ever far you want to drive) I would love to find a home for my strong split ( 8 frame deep 7 frames well drawn out, think 4 had brood pattern), and a very old hive with newer queen 2 over wintered deeps with a medium on top with new Top bar type foundation less.  The local bee keeper I hooked up with said the established hive was over 40k strong.

Let me know. These could be way better than a NUC or package.  You would want to bring extra top to stick on the bottom for transport for the 8 and the 10, the 10 has 1 hole with #8 screen  so they can breath in transport.

Offline Maggiesdad

• House Bee
Dang, 'yoda, that's tough!  :sad: I went with the bee proof suit, as my insurance.  Doc says no bees at all for you, or is that your decision?

Offline Garlicyoda

• New Bee
    • food for pandas
doc says no bees, no touching my bee suite, no getting in my bee truck . . . and carry two ( yellow/ high dose ) epi pens. I have high hopes for venom therapy or what ever magic I hope / pray God might choose to work through the hands of an allergist. Then maybe pick back up next spring .

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
If your bee hive is not right up against your house and you have good hygienic bees, just leave them where they are. They can take care of them selves until next spring.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

anything