Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Great  (Read 5730 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
The Great
« on: January 24, 2021, 04:37:42 pm »
New comedy on Hulu
Good for a laugh. As long as you suspend reality. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJGedvRfHYg
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 05:01:30 pm by cidersabuzzin »
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
Re: The Great
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 10:20:07 am »
New comedy on Hulu
Good for a laugh. As long as you suspend reality. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJGedvRfHYg
Unfortunately, the Great has finished at least the first series. Still, we have the ongoing soap-opera that is the Harry and Markle debacle to keep us in laughs. :rolleyes:

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 08:36:24 am »
Still, we have the ongoing soap-opera that is the Harry and Markle debacle to keep us in laughs. :rolleyes:
It is the only thing that keeps papers in business.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 03:37:29 pm »
Ace
There is little mention of the money-grubbers here, I think most people have cottoned on to who they really are! Needy people  :rolleyes::angry:
cider

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 05:44:45 pm »
In the year 2021 I have to ask what is the desire to support the royal crown?  You do have people in your country that are really hurting.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 08:00:30 pm »
In the year 2021 I have to ask what is the desire to support the royal crown?  You do have people in your country that are really hurting.

We have people hurting in this country but we spend huge amounts of money protecting and supporting our president and other politicians.  How many millions did we just spend putting up a wall around the WH and feeding and housing the National Guard?  how much are we spending putting illegals in hotel rooms and transporting them around the country? 

Given the amount of money our government prints and spends, I'm not sure it's a good idea to wonder about what other countries do.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 08:42:54 pm »
Ace
Think again of what I've been saying, I have no truck with any of the so-called 'royal family' an anachronism if there ever was one. An institution that has been ripping off the public for centuries and still believe they are entitled to do it! We need a new Cromwell! :wink:
Forget the wink ...we, as in us.... really need to get this sorted :rolleyes: Just been delving into how many pies they have their grubby fingers.
If you only knew about Harry and Markle!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 09:02:32 pm by cidersabuzzin »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 08:52:56 pm »
Ace
Think again of what I've been saying, I have no truck with any of the so-called 'royal family' an anachronism if there ever was one. An institution that has been ripping off the public for centuries and still believe they are entitled to do it! We need a new Cromwell. :wink:
Forget the wink ...we, as in us.... really need to get this sorted :rolleyes: Just been delving into how many pies they have their grubby fingers.

Hum, your tone may sound something vaguely similar to your cousins from across the water back in the 1700s?. Except you may be a little too harsh as in a personal tone? After all Cider, you are speaking of your Queen and family. Sure they are needed.  :cheesy:
After all, the pie that you speak of is in reality their very own.. They have been very lenient with their common subjects, as well as their own royal oafs through the years.
Careful that they might get enough of rebellious talk and send someone to knock on your doors!  I hear those guys with the red coats, long guns, and beaver hats are bad to the bone!
 :wink: :tongue:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 02:39:40 am by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 08:58:42 pm »
Forget the wink ...we, as in us.... really need to get this sorted

One solution is to put someone who is not a politician in charge.  You know, someone who doesn't take a salary and doesn't owe anything to the political powers?  Of course, if you do that the establishment loses their ever-lovin' minds and sets out to destroy them and those who put them in power.

Better to suck it up and stick with the status quo I guess.  No fuss over that. 

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 07:34:27 am »
Takes no income?

The Queen receives a salary. Her income recently doubled, rising to $97.2 million. The private income from the Duchy of Lancaster rose in 2017. It comes from a portfolio of land held in trust for the current reigning monarch.18 May 2020

No wonder the Monarch is the only person in the UK whose Last Will and Testament is not a matter of public record. Now I wonder why that is?
And even more so......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Consent

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 10:30:00 am »
Takes no income?

The Queen receives a salary. Her income recently doubled, rising to $97.2 million. The private income from the Duchy of Lancaster rose in 2017. It comes from a portfolio of land held in trust for the current reigning monarch.18 May 2020

No wonder the Monarch is the only person in the UK whose Last Will and Testament is not a matter of public record. Now I wonder why that is?

Cider is it for the commoners to question?  :wink:
The whole world knows who rules England! It is the Proper Royal Family. Any privileges that you have, has been allowed by the Crown. According to Quora, Powers of the English and then British monarchs have been limited through agreements, Acts of Parliament, and convention since Magna Carta. There is no exact time and the monarch still retains power. Executive power hasn?t been reduced by legislation because there is no legislated executive position to assume that power. The position of Prime Minister was never created by law; it just evolved over time. An exception to this is the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011 that removed the power to dissolve Parliament from the Queen by changing the rules on what can trigger dissolution. The publicly political neutrality of the monarch developed in the 19th Century.

Adding; you do know I a kidding you, don't you?   :cheesy:

« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 11:32:41 am by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2021, 11:13:08 am »

We have people hurting in this country but we spend huge amounts of money protecting and supporting our president and other politicians.  How many millions did we just spend putting up a wall around the WH and feeding and housing the National Guard?  how much are we spending putting illegals in hotel rooms and transporting them around the country? 

Given the amount of money our government prints and spends, I'm not sure it's a good idea to wonder about what other countries do.

Takes no income?

I think she was referring, as an great example to you, to a certain President that did a wonderful job of restoring one of your previous colonies from its previous four administrations disastrous leadership practices which in many ways neglected the overall good for ALL of its citizens. Which fit the very description of what Kathy described to be the basic of a selfless leader. Your and Aces' favorite pin cushion guy? lol
:cheesy:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 11:31:32 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2021, 12:10:17 pm »
I think she was referring, as an great example to you, to a certain President that did a wonderful job of restoring one of your previous colonies from its previous four administrations disastrous leadership practices which in many ways neglected the overall good for ALL of its citizens. Which fit the very description of what Kathy described to be the basic of a selfless leader. Your and Aces' favorite pin cushion guy? lol

And donated his salary each quarter since the law would not allow him to refuse his salary. 

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2021, 02:01:56 pm »

Takes no income?

:cheesy:
Good one Ben, you managed to swing it back to The GT.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2021, 02:08:27 pm »
>Good one Ben, you managed to swing it back to The GT.

Just for you Cider!! I know you and Ace miss him terribly bad!!   :cheesy:

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2021, 06:12:54 pm »
Unfortunately, I missed out the Uck, after GT.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 08:15:13 am »

That one went over my head. I have no idea the meaning. 😊

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 03:45:17 pm »

That one went over my head. I have no idea the meaning. 😊
'tis not surprising Ben, I made a total c**k-up of the spelling and context it should have read Yuck! as in 'disgusting' but I suppose you could follow it with Yuk as in One, such as a joke, that causes such a laugh.  :wink:

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2022, 07:51:53 pm »
Takes no income?

Cider is it for the commoners to question?  :wink:
The whole world knows who rules England! It is the Proper Royal Family. Any privileges that you have, has been allowed by the Crown. According to Quora, Powers of the English and then British monarchs have been limited through agreements, Acts of Parliament, and convention since Magna Carta. There is no exact time and the monarch still retains power. Executive power hasn?t been reduced by legislation because there is no legislated executive position to assume that power. The position of Prime Minister was never created by law; it just evolved over time. An exception to this is the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011 that removed the power to dissolve Parliament from the Queen by changing the rules on what can trigger dissolution. The publicly political neutrality of the monarch developed in the 19th Century.

Adding; you do know I a kidding you, don't you?   :cheesy:
Benny
I know this is an old post but have just been perusing some old posts. So I have to ask after reviewing more recent episodes are you a real person or an amalgam of a  right-wing think tank (but excluding the think) I must say someone who can manage to post your quantity needs to get a job in addition to being in the gutter. :rolleyes: You realise I'm joking of course :tongue:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2022, 05:58:56 am »

I appreciate your good humor my friend. I perceive your words as complement. I am not a part of any think tank. I am just a country boy; Plain ole American Citizen who realizes and appreciates the sacrifice, struggles, hardships, and courage of our founding Fathers before, during, and after the breakaway from England. Then forming a new country, along with the wisdom of those brave souls, demonstrated afterward by the words written 'by them', in our Constitution, and think it is only fitting as a lay American Citizen (commoner if you will), of my responsibility and duty to educate myself of the beginnings of My Country and to some extent, of the Country in whcih my Country broke away from and was born. Adding: I have great respect and a sentimental attachment to (Your Country) as well Cider, feeling my English roots extending across a vast sea to your shores.

Phillip

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2022, 06:13:00 pm »
Waffle. But then again you can post again and again and again....Ad-Infinitum.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2022, 11:28:37 pm »

Hark! Who do I hear speaketh from yonder 'window's 10? Could it be the Oaf of lord Malloch brown?

No No Tis just Cider..  lol :wink: :tongue: Or is it? :shocked: :cheesy:

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2022, 08:37:10 pm »

Hark! Who do I hear speaketh from yonder 'window's 10? Could it be the Oaf of lord Malloch brown?

Unfortunately for you, it is not only myself that has this opinion. The quantity of verbal diarrhea is getting unnerving please tone it down a bit. So to look a little more coherent. Better still, take a sabbatical suggest 6 months or so....It would be good for the 'coffee house'. 
In hope
cider

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2022, 05:30:02 am »

Unfortunately for you, it is not only myself that has this opinion. The quantity of verbal diarrhea is getting unnerving please tone it down a bit. So to look a little more coherent. Better still, take a sabbatical suggest 6 months or so....It would be good for the 'coffee house'. 
In hope
cider

Basic math Cider, basic math. My previous post was just exceeding 25 words. Your last post was exceeding 50 words! Yet you, in your 'elementary' way, 'seek' to lecture and silence me.
We both know it is not the amount of words spoken which "unnerve" you, which in turn motivates you in your quest to silence me. But tis the words 'themselves', which promote your enthusiastic sense of 'panic' and 'urgency' in attacking. 
Perhaps once again you 'attempt' 'diversion' from your hero, the 'lefts' hero and 'viewed' champion, lord Malloch brown? Not surprising really. Friend of your?
:tongue:  :cheesy:

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2022, 06:53:07 am »

In hope
cider

Basic math Cider, basic math. My previous post was just exceeding 25 words. Your last post was exceeding 50 words! Yet you, in your 'elementary' way, 'seek' to lecture and silence me.
We both know it is not the amount of words spoken which "unnerve" you, which in turn motivates you in your quest to silence me. But tis the words 'themselves', which promote your enthusiastic sense of 'panic' and 'urgency' in attacking. 
Perhaps once again you 'attempt' 'diversion' from your hero, the 'lefts' hero and 'viewed' champion, lord Malloch brown? Not surprising really. Friend of your?
:tongue:  :cheesy:
No!
What is this fixation with Malloch Brown? Is there some underlying adoration we need to uncover/broadcast?
Sometimes ....but only sometimes I worry for you Benny.
With a shaking head,
cider

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2022, 06:17:20 pm »
Well, Benny 'tis a while since I've bothered.
But the second series of the 'Great' has aired. Just as unbelievable as previous but great entertainment as before. Maybe you could find an 'extras' part. As long as you curb your loquacity.

Even with you taking part it would still be good entertainment :smile:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 06:34:33 pm by cidersabuzzin »

anything