Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: BeeFest 2020  (Read 35073 times)

Offline guitarstitch

• House Bee
Re: BeeFest 2020
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2020, 08:37:30 pm »
On a side note, my bees are really pissy today and started dive bombing me from 75' away from the hive.  Maybe it was the pink in my shirt.  Lesson learned: this fat boy ain't built for running these days.
-Matthew Pence/Stitch

Offline Barhopper

• House Bee
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2020, 08:41:15 pm »
Be there in the am!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2020, 09:08:35 pm »
Ace, Bob and Bill in question and answer session with Sawdstmakr and Michael.

Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2020, 09:26:32 pm »
Beautiful pictures Jim.

"Queen grafting - taught by Michael Bush" .... mercy, it hurts to not bee there!

You's-all is lucky to bee there!  :grin:
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2020, 05:59:18 pm »
mercy, it hurts to not bee there!

No excuses next year.  Yeah, I understand the virus but I missed Iddee, Matt and a few others that came last year.  It would be nice to see a lot more that haven't been.  Jim and Judy are fantastic hosts.  You will not regret going that is a promise.
As a coming home gift my wife did a happy dance in the driveway and got a swarm to move into one stack of boxes stored in my driveway!  What a way to end a great time.  See you all next year for sure.
Oh and BTW don't let Jim and Michael Bush tell you they can't dance.  Jim without protection getting peppered with stings and Mike having bees crawl up his pat legs.  The big tom turkey started the show first.

You guys/gals have no idea what fun you missed.  Really.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2020, 06:28:42 pm »
🤗
Thanks For coming Ace.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2020, 06:44:25 pm »
Karen Wassamer teaching apitherapy, Bill Murray, with a constant shoulder pain, is her subject.

Michael Bush and Wesley also received apitherapy.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2020, 06:48:19 pm »
More queen grafting training by Michael Bush. Doing it a second day made it a lot easier.

Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2020, 06:50:03 pm »
Bee talk in the shop while Marley is grafting.

Jim Altmiller

Ben Franklin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2020, 06:58:51 pm »
Marley won the smoker contest with the most un burnt pine needles in her smoker.

She won a New smoker and hive tool.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Offline Barhopper

• House Bee
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2020, 08:35:42 pm »
Thank you Jim and Judy. We had a great time. We?re looking forward to next year. Hope we can spend more time there next time.
To all those who are thinking about this, you should go to the next one and see what you?re missing.

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
  • Urban setting, no acaricides
    • Love Me Some Honey
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2020, 10:01:47 pm »
mercy, it hurts to not bee there!

No excuses next year.  Yeah, I understand the virus but I missed Iddee, Matt and a few others that came last year.  It would be nice to see a lot more that haven't been.  Jim and Judy are fantastic hosts.  You will not regret going that is a promise.
As a coming home gift my wife did a happy dance in the driveway and got a swarm to move into one stack of boxes stored in my driveway!  What a way to end a great time.  See you all next year for sure.
Oh and BTW don't let Jim and Michael Bush tell you they can't dance.  Jim without protection getting peppered with stings and Mike having bees crawl up his pat legs.  The big tom turkey started the show first.

You guys/gals have no idea what fun you missed.  Really.
The kids and I are bummed to have missed it. I'm glad to see the pictures and it looks like y'all had a grand time. Keep me in the loop when you set a date for 2021, I bid vacation weeks in November.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Offline TruculentBee

• New Bee
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2020, 10:28:10 pm »
WOW! What a wonderful time we had! Jim, Judy, Wesley, you are wonderful hosts.  Thank you greatly for organizing this event, for your hospitality and for opening your homestead to us. 
Thanks to Jim, Judy, Michael Bush, Karen, and John for the lectures, demos and conversation. We got the opportunity to graft, make queen starter and finisher hives, make splits, disassemble pump motor, learned how to light a 3-5 hour smoker, Learned about bee venom therapy, discussed OAV tools, herded cattle, discussed politics and religion, and listened to Michael Bush and Matt (guitarstitch) play their instruments and sing around the camp fire.  Most importantly, we learned a great deal from each other and made new friends. Oh...I forgot...I got to feed the castle and ride the zip line too 😄

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2020, 11:19:57 pm »
🤗
Thanks Huey.
Ben Franklin

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2020, 07:26:34 am »
Thank you Jim and Judy. We had a great time. We?re looking forward to next year. Hope we can spend more time there next time.
To all those who are thinking about this, you should go to the next one and see what you?re missing.
I am disappointed to have missed this again, but it looks like a wonderful Time was had. With just returning to work after my injury it was hard one to miss.
Hope all have a great and safe day

Offline guitarstitch

• House Bee
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2020, 09:26:01 am »
This weekend was an amazing experience.  I left hot, sweaty, covered in pine smoke, peaceful, and inspired.

We discussed a lot of topics and quite a bit of information was shared.  Controversial topics were discussed respectfully and many new perspectives were brought into consideration.  As a year 3 beekeeper, I found the amount of information gleaned from watching the experienced folks work (and getting my gloveless hands into hives myself) almost overwhelming.

Jim, the beauty of your property is only matched by your family's hospitality.  Meals were excellent.

I hated to leave, but I decided I had some beekeeping tasks I wanted to start on immediately.  (Things like cutting my unused deeps down to mediums)

I look forward to next year.  If I can be of any assistance with the planning or execution of next year's event, please let me know.  Thank you again.

-Matt Pence
-Matthew Pence/Stitch

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2020, 11:06:15 am »
An amzing weekend. It was a crash course for all the problems and confusion I still had about beekeeping. All my lingering, unresolved questions got answered by knowledgable, long time beeks, who helped me work through all the issues, with patience and kindness. It was spectacular!
Thank you very much Jim.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2020, 12:25:05 pm »
🤗
Thanks Matt and Bob.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Offline Kwalt

• House Bee
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2020, 02:53:06 pm »
It looks like it was a good time.  How large of a group were you?

Kevin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2020, 07:48:14 pm »
Due to Covad 19, we only had about 20 people here, which in a  way is surprising we had that many. A lot of people that said they were coming did not.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

anything