Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: THREE RULES to USING the FORUM - 2015  (Read 8399 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
THREE RULES to USING the FORUM - 2015
« on: December 24, 2014, 01:55:27 am »
Please read this post, it concerns the Membership policies of this Forum. The rules are simple and made to create a family friendly and cohabital environment for the world wide membership. I hope I have answered any questions related to forum usage below. Please follow these simple rules and enjoy the many forums - I hope you enjoy your time here and please have fun.

Beemaster's Beekeeping Forum Bi-Laws

1) I have a language filter in place which has approximately 30 words in it. If you use any of these words the word chest replaces the word. The list comprises most common nasty words that I highly doubt you would use around your children. There are a few words which replace certain words, these refer to parts of anatomy since this forum talks about honeybee "parts". At any time, you can suggest words that are offensive and if I missed it in the filter, I'll gladly and swiftly add it to the list.  Attempts to bypass the filter will not be tolerated and moderators will take appropriate action.

2) No one is allowed to purposely offend another member or members whether in open forum or Private Messaging. We have members from around the globe in these forums and I hope you understand that the WRITTEN WORD "often" comes off differently then what is intended, especially if it is NOT the native language of the person writing the post. Because of the mbutt audience and multitude of language skills, we have FLEXIBLE rules to govern various offenses.

Because of the unlimited possibilities in a "post and Reply format" the penalties will be BASED on the INTENTION of the post or reply. All posts which are deemed offensive or combative are removed from the forum and reviewed by the Moderator and/or the Administrative Board.

There is a huge difference between insulting someone "intentionally" and "accidentally" through "poor use of the language skills". Recognize that what you think is meant as in insult MAY be poor language skills - don't jump to conclusions, bring it to the attention of the forum Moderators instead.

These rules of course includes attack through private messaging - again, voicing different points of view is fine, but all parties must want the exchange (including those members who are only reading and NOT posting in the forum) you obviously can NEVER just slam another member whether in public or private with unwanted attacks - that will almost ALWAYS result in TERMINATION.

If you see an offensive post, report it to the Moderators immediately (use the new REPORT TO MODERATOR LINK found in EVERY POST IN THE FORUMS) and they will handle it from there - DO NOT get into a "WAR OF WORDS" with other members, THAT will be deemed as INTENTIONAL and will receive penalties BASED on its content and purpose.

3) No Commercial Advertising allowed in the forums, I almost forgot this rule since it doesn't come up very often. But I keep this site free of commercials to keep it credible and to save the membership from having to deal with unwanted advertising. I do not place ads of any kind on my website and promise that I never will - I expect the same from the membership.

Posting links to your own website (or even beekeeping relate family business) in your profile and/or signature is acceptable - as long as it isn't overly done; such as a banner ad.

Political statements are also not permissible in signatures.  You may voice your political views in the Coffee House,  but not throughout the entire forum in your signature.  Many members prefer to come here and discuss beekeeping and not be exposed to continual political "advertisements".

Famous quotes in signature line are acceptable but please, don't post the memoirs of Winston Churchill - lol. Please keep famous quote so that won't take up most of a topic if you post a lot. A good example from Churchill is "When going through Hell, keep going" or the slightly longer, yet just as memorable "This is not the end of the war.... It isn't even the beginning of the end... But it IS the end of the beginning!" which is a great quote.

The One Warning Rule

I have never had to go beyond this point and hopefully never will. If either of the two rules are broken (this is where our moderators see that offending member receives a warning to "stop the improper behavior".

The "Moderators" together will evaluate the issue, UNLESS of course the violation is SO EGREGIOUS that the well being of the forum is at risk - then the violator is GONE which will always include blocking the IP ADDRESS. MEMBER NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS and other functions of the forum which pretty much takes care of the issue.

Beyond the three rules and the method of warning, there are no rules. I believe that is a fair method of controlling a forum where we have members of all ages. I hope that everyone agrees to the fairness of these rules. They are to protect the membership and to make the experience here enjoyable for all.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything