Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What did you get for Christmas  (Read 1069 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
What did you get for Christmas
« on: December 25, 2021, 07:18:25 am »
I received a hydraulic top bar for my tractor. It makes adjusting three point implements quick and easy while actually driving. Now I don?t have to get off the tractor and twist the top bar and keep adjusting the lift setting to bee able to adjust it and try it and see if it is working properly.
Jim Altmiller

Offline NigelP

• House Bee
Re: What did you get for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 09:03:50 am »
A copy of Jurgen Tautz's new book "Honey Bees". The photography is absolutely stunning. Its about wild bees living in Forests.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Super Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 02:15:36 pm »
How did I miss this thread?  I finally got a Snelgrove board, which I had tried to order over the summer, but there was a mixup with the bee place and I never got it.  I also got a candle mold for making birthday candles, and my Mom got me some sting relief swabs as sort of a gag gift, but I'll probably get good use out of them.  :grin:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 02:26:32 pm »
Quiet.  No TV except for the morning weather report.  Freezing temps and snow.

I sent hubby to TX for Christmas because we both couldn't leave and he had not seen the grandkids for a bit. I had just been there in Oct.  :cheesy:
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 07:18:57 am »
     Due to lockdown in the Philippines..  Santa Claus could not get in..to this country...  LOL..  My wife & myself...Are put a new roof on our the  House...  Too many rain deer on it over the years.. There were literally hundreds of holes..  This time we are putting on a cement roof.. It will be about 10" thick...

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 09:30:20 am »
Jim,
Will you be collecting rainwater from your roof. When we lived in Bermuda, that is where we got our water from. There was a collection tank under the house.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 10:32:26 am »
   No we will not try ...  collect rainwater..  I really need to look into solar..

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 11:25:54 am »
I got a new gadget from my daughter. A summer-hawk ranch Jar super.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Super Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 01:01:47 pm »
I got a new gadget from my daughter. A summer-hawk ranch Jar super.
I just looked that up, it looks neat!  Sort of like a jar board, but all in a box!  I totally want to try a jar board someday. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 01:40:09 pm »
Ill let you know how it goes. will be om one of Marleys hives in March

Offline Brigantin

• New Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2022, 04:32:08 pm »
My wife gave me a potency enhancer for the new year, how should I respond to that?

Offline salvo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2022, 05:08:07 pm »
Hi Brigantin,

PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

sAL

Salvo

Offline KolinFous

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2022, 12:51:35 pm »
I don't think you really need to get angry. First, ask your wife about the seriousness of this gift. Maybe she was just kidding. If not, then maybe she just wants to fix your personal life in this way. Maybe she is not satisfied with something intimate, and she is afraid to tell you about it directly. Don't take it as an insult or a hint. You should just talk to your wife and calmly clarify everything :)

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2022, 04:22:18 pm »
>I received a hydraulic top bar for my tractor. It makes adjusting three point implements quick and easy while actually driving. Now I don?t have to get off the tractor and twist the top bar and keep adjusting the lift setting to bee able to adjust it and try it and see if it is working properly.

I bought one a few years ago.  I don't know how I lived without it.  It's especially good for picking up round bales so they don't fall off, and adjusting the box blade to get the best use of it, especially switching from breaking up the dirt and smoothing it out.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2022, 09:11:18 am »
Michael,
They are great for working a box blade. I also use it every time I hook up a heave piece of equipment. Makes it so easy to just to pull the lever and put the top pin in place.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2022, 10:04:38 am »
>My wife gave me a potency enhancer for the new year, how should I respond to that?

Use it.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin