Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NO CRYING  (Read 557 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: NO CRYING
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 12:34:18 am »
Wow Sal. I don't know what to say. My parents had a 66 impala. It was a (new) 'demonstrator'. White color with blue cloth seats. The salesman told my parents, this was the very same car that was featured in the Bonanza TV commercial which featured the car, filmed coming down a switch-back on a mountain in the beginning of the Bonanza TV Show. With the Chevrolet jingle song playing in accordance of course..   (their car was not a convertible).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 12:47:43 am by Ben Framed »
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Online Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 06:38:53 pm »
That's a TJ.  I had a two-tone 55 chevy Bel Air as my first car.  It was automatic and had a really cool for the times, radio.  The radio alone is now worth a few hundred dollars!  My grandmother gave it to me.  My second car was a 65 Chevy Impala 3 on the tree 4 door.  Both those cars were tanks.  They don't make them like that anymore!!

Thanks for sharing.  We need to get back to the important things.
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 08:12:47 pm »
  My second car was a 65 Chevy Impala 3 on the tree 4 door.  Both those cars were tanks.  They don't make them like that anymore!!

64 Chevy Impala was my very first car. Remember my uncle showing it off when he bought it new. Still have it, though technically now my son's since he started restoring it 10 years ago. Wish it was parked at his house...

Sadly not as much of a 'tank' as many believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPF4fBGNK0U
X frame and lack of crumple zones were basically the same in 64.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 09:48:02 pm »
  My second car was a 65 Chevy Impala 3 on the tree 4 door.  Both those cars were tanks.  They don't make them like that anymore!!

64 Chevy Impala was my very first car. Remember my uncle showing it off when he bought it new. Still have it, though technically now my son's since he started restoring it 10 years ago. Wish it was parked at his house...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPF4fBGNK0U
X frame and lack of crumple zones were basically the same in 64.

William my uncle also bought a 64 brand new, impala (black)..  Totaled it before the new car smell wore off so I was told. I have seen pictures of it.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 09:42:14 am »

William my uncle also bought a 64 brand new, impala (black)..  Totaled it before the new car smell wore off so I was told. I have seen pictures of it.

What a shame, could have been your first car! Probably a two door? If so would be worth a lot more today than a four door.

Online Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 11:33:35 am »

Fortunately I never wrecked either.  Considering how I drove them, that's amazing.  They were heavy and they held the country road curves.  People towed horse trailers with them  :grin:
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2021, 12:31:05 pm »

Wow, that?s an old survivor car that survives no more..  :shocked: :happy:

There have been many nice cars (give it up) to movies and TV as well. Dukes of Hazzard. No telling how many Dodge Chargers bit the dust.

Offline salvo

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2021, 10:28:25 am »
Hi Folks,

Blessed Christmas one and all.

Another tear-jerker here. Funny about these stories. What do you think it is that causes your face to begin leaking:

http://www.sixguns.com/bunkhouse/rifle.htm

Sal
Salvo

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2021, 11:11:01 am »
Thanks Sal That was a good story and most likely true. Merry Christmas!

Phillip

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2021, 06:04:52 pm »
Sal,
Very nice story. I enjoyed it.
Jim Altmiller

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2022, 10:37:34 pm »

What a shame, could have been your first car! Probably a two door? If so would be worth a lot more today than a four door.

It was a two door SS William.. He went all the way to Indianapolis, Indana to pick it up. Our uncle had a Chevrolet Dealership there back in the day. 

« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 11:22:33 pm by Ben Framed »