Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: And it begins..  (Read 514 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: And it begins..
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2022, 11:44:18 am »
Every country prints its own currency and based on the savings to debt ratio an exchange rate is determined.

And savings could be any kind of resource?  Even something not realized like diamonds not mined, or oil not pumped?  What about things like crops?
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2022, 12:26:53 pm »
Everything you do every day, everything you touch every day, in some way depends on fossil fuels.

That was the point. Hypocrisy is rampant on the fossil fuel issue.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2022, 02:01:15 pm »
That was the point. Hypocrisy is rampant on the fossil fuel issue.

One of the funniest things we had happen here was the blocking of an oil ship that was upriver for repairs.  It wasn't even an oil carrier or drilling ship.  It was an icebreaker.

All the greenies took their synthetic, oil product based kyaks out on the river to block the ship.  Some of them rappelled off the bridge with their synthetic, oil product produced rapelling ropes.  They were hanging plastic banners because, you know, it rains in Portland and paper would shred.

All the supplies and people needed for the protest were delivered in big SUVs and trucks   :grin:
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2022, 08:39:59 am »
Even something not realized like diamonds not mined, or oil not pumped?  What about things like crops?
Don't you think oil is the basis of all the middle eastern countries?  What do you think will happen if their oil is exhausted?  Crops is a big one for us but we are playing with fire because the real resource for crops is water and we are exhausting it at an alarming rate.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2022, 08:54:37 am »
>Don't you think oil is the basis of all the middle eastern countries?

I don't know of any oil in Afghanistan.  I also don't know of any oil we "stole" based on all the troops we've had in the middle east.  Someone may have made some money, but it wasn't the American people nor the US government and I can't see that it was on oil.  Defense contractors I'm sure made a lot providing materials and people.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2022, 11:51:10 am »
Don't you think oil is the basis of all the middle eastern countries?  What do you think will happen if their oil is exhausted?  Crops is a big one for us but we are playing with fire because the real resource for crops is water and we are exhausting it at an alarming rate.

I am really trying to understand where you are going with this in regard to a change in reserve currancy.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2022, 08:35:50 am »
I don't know of any oil in Afghanistan.
The country is too unstable to invest in finding anything in Afghanistan.  Surely there are resources.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2022, 12:02:50 pm »
The country is too unstable to invest in finding anything in Afghanistan.  Surely there are resources.

There are.  Still not sure what this has to do with reserve currency.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2022, 08:22:04 am »
Afghanistan has a lot of lithium and a lot of colored gem stones.  Probably some other minerals but hardly worth the cost of hauling them somewhere else.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2022, 09:06:43 am »

There are.  Still not sure what this has to do with reserve currency.
Nothing.  Just commenting on Mike's comment.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it