Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: News from our friends down under  (Read 6956 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
Re: News from our friends down under
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2021, 08:42:06 am »
  To all the posters on this forum and this thread have you noticed that I dont debate with KathyP, I dont like losing  !  !
Marching to Kathy's rhetoric does not make you a winner.  In most cases it makes you uninformed or just a follower.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2021, 12:23:09 pm »
Only because forced vaccinations have not become the norm.
You don't find it ironic that school children already are subject to forced vaccinations and very few people were up in arms about the long term effects.  Most understand that the long term effects are good.
Your hesitancy was said to be "not fully approved" and now it is.  The real reason for all this hoopla is political.  It is an attempt to make Biden look bad when none of it is his fault.

You are welcome to believe whatever you wish, however, my hesitancy was non-existent.  I had no problem with taking the vaccine when it was offered to me.  Try to keep up.

Putting aside the question of whether or not we should force kids to be vaccinated, we know that there are vaccine injuries to children each year.  We also know that there are long-term consequences to many of the diseases against which we vaccinate.  We know that most of those vaccines actually stop infection in the vast majority of kids.  As with all things, the vaccines we give to kids are risk vs reward.  There are some vaccines offered today that I would skip.  There are also many ways for parents to opt out or moderate the vaccine schedule in consultation with their pediatrician.

Yes, we are getting approval to use this vaccine in kids.  If that's your qualifier, that's fine.  You take your kids and get them vaccinated.  If I had to make that decision, I would wait.  This type of vaccine has not had significant testing in kids or time to see if there are long term impacts of the vaccine in kids.  Approval does not = answers to those things.  Additionally, the risk to kids from the virus is statistically 0 unless they have underlying conditions.  The vaccine does not keep people from getting the virus or from spreading it.  It may keep people from geting as sick, at least with this mutation.  Taking all these things into consideration, the risk outweighs the reward for kids in my mind.

If you have more information than that, please share.

There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2021, 08:52:25 am »
The vaccine does not keep people from getting the virus or from spreading it.
You keep spewing this misinformation.  It does keep most people from getting the disease.  It doesn't guarantee that you won't get the disease because it is your own immune system that fights it off in the first place.
Many of the vaccines that are available only affect the person receiving it.  That is NOT the case with covid and many other vaccines that kids already have to have to go to school.
I just registered a boat in the state of FL.  The governor is standing in the way of mask mandates for schools but no one can enter a county building without a mask.  So no one can get a drivers license or ID without a mask.  So no new voters in FL can get registered without wearing a mask.  Is he making the state more democratic or are the newly registered republicans two faced?
No one really knows the long term effect for a young child that gets infected with covid.  I suspect the disease is much much worse then a vaccine that leaves your body in a few days.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2021, 12:26:31 pm »

Prove the 1st sentence.  2nd and 3rd sentances are in conflict.

Many of the vaccines that are available only affect the person receiving it.  That is NOT the case with covid and many other vaccines that kids already have to have to go to school.

You begin with the premise that it is OK to force anyone to have any vaccine.  Since that horse seems to be out of the barn, we know that prior vaccines were made in basically the same way and have had years of use so we know how they work.  Even so, our prior vaccination of children has not been without disaster.  The polio vaccine would be a good example.

This vaccine was not made in the same way and has not had rigorous testing in kids.  While it seems pretty safe for adults and is a good idea for those who are most at risk, we can't say the same yet for kids.
Again, choice.  If you want your child to get it, get it.

I just registered a boat in the state of FL.  The governor is standing in the way of mask mandates for schools but no one can enter a county building without a mask.  So no one can get a drivers license or ID without a mask.

Other states are the same and there is no issue in schools.  In TX businesses have the choice, but for all that I have done there mask wearing is optional.  I come from a mask mandate state.  The attitude and mentality in TX is very different than OR.  Leftist tend to live in fear and they want everyone else to experience the same or Karen rears her ugly head.  In TX people do what is right for them.  Happier people.

I will also tell you that from a medical POV, the masks that people are wearing and the way in which they are wearing them, makes them useless.  You will never find a medical professional working with contagious patients wearing the kind of masks people on the streets are wearing.  Additionally, a virus is so small that it is not going to respect a mask.  It will hold your spit and snot, but the virus will go right through and around.  Thinking that kids will wear even ineffective masks properly for hours in school is just stupid.

No one really knows the long term effect for a young child that gets infected with covid.  I suspect the disease is much much worse then a vaccine that leaves your body in a few days.

It is likely that most kids have been exposed already.  This is especially true in mask optional states.  That's a good thing.  We do have studies showing natural infection confers longer protection.  We don't know a lot of things including the long term effects of the vaccine in kids.  Just because the fluid of the vaccine leaves the body quickly, it does not follow that the effects leave as quickly.  If they did, what would be the point?
What you suppose is irrelevant.  What we need and are not getting in this country, is research.  I do not understand how we can throw billions at these agencies, have them fail so utterly, and still pay any attention to them. 

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 12:44:28 pm by Kathyp »
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2021, 04:09:10 pm »
I just registered a boat in the state of FL.

Congratulations Ace did you get the type which motor runs on fossil fuels that causes C02 greenhouse emissions, or maybe a battery powered electric motor, or a simple efficient 'green powered' row boat?  :grin:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 09:55:18 pm by Ben Framed »
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2021, 08:57:02 am »
You begin with the premise that it is OK to force anyone to have any vaccine.
Nope. didn't say that at all. The brain sees what I said but lacks the understanding of the words.
Even so, our prior vaccination of children has not been without disaster.  The polio vaccine would be a good example.
No longer having polio outbreaks is a bad thing???
This vaccine was not made in the same way and has not had rigorous testing in kids.  While it seems pretty safe for adults and is a good idea for those who are most at risk, we can't say the same yet for kids.
We absolutely know that covid is bad for kids, the economy and life in general.

I just registered a boat in the state of FL.  The governor is standing in the way of mask mandates for schools but no one can enter a county building without a mask.  So no one can get a drivers license or ID without a mask.

In TX people do what is right for them.  Happier people.
Until a catastrophic event.  Then its "help me, help me we are suffering".

I will also tell you that from a medical POV, the masks that people are wearing and the way in which they are wearing them, makes them useless.  You will never find a medical professional working with contagious patients wearing the kind of masks people on the streets are wearing.  Additionally, a virus is so small that it is not going to respect a mask.  It will hold your spit and snot, but the virus will go right through and around.  Thinking that kids will wear even ineffective masks properly for hours in school is just stupid.
More mis information.  The mask no matter how they are made reduce the distance the virus travels which is the reason for the 6ft distance.  I have seen many people using the throw away medical masks that medical professionals use on a daily basis.  You are just flat out wrong.

What we need and are not getting in this country, is research.

And you know this how?  Because the results do no concur with your own beliefs?
History reveals that prior research saved our butts.  That being said we would have been better prepared for covid if we did not run aground with money hungry republicans that curtailed what was already being done.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2021, 09:01:53 am »

Congratulations Ace did you get the type which motor runs on fossil fuels that causes C02 greenhouse emissions, or maybe a battery powered electric motor, or a simple efficient 'green powered' row boat?  :grin:
All of the above.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bE8U34uL7aUcPU7u8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jcidxBUYEJiYyABKA
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2021, 11:42:40 am »
Do you folks DownUnder have celebrities who think as this fellow?

Ice Cube Loses $9 Million Film Gig After Refusing to Get ...
Search domain money.yahoo.comhttps://money.yahoo.com ? ice-cube-loses-9-million-180330466.html
Jamie Sabau/GettyActor and rapper Ice Cube is apparently so adamant about not getting the COVID vaccine that he's willing to lose $9 million. According to sourced cited by The Hollywood Reporter, he left the Sony comedy "Oh ---- No!" after he refused requests from producers to get vaccinated. The film, which is set to star Jack Black, is scheduled to start production in Hawaii in December.

Ice Cube backs out of Sony, Jack Black flick after ...
Search domain nypost.comhttps://nypost.com ? 2021 ? 10 ? 30 ? ice-cube-backs-out-of-sony-jack-black-flick-after-refusing-vaccine
1 day agoIce Cube left the cast of pending Sony comedy "Oh ---- No"  and walked away from a $9 million payday -- after refusing the COVID-19 vaccine shot. AFP via Getty Images More On: Movies
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2021, 11:56:07 am »
Ace, because you refuse to be informed and continue to post opinions rather than the facts as we have them, none of your post is worth a detailed response.

Offline Geoff

• Field Bee
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2021, 06:41:04 pm »

Today 18/11/21 in the state of Victoria over 1000 cases of Covid and 12 deaths due to Covid and among the cases and deaths almost all are unvaccinated  ! 
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2021, 08:19:11 am »

Today 18/11/21 in the state of Victoria over 1000 cases of Covid and 12 deaths due to Covid and among the cases and deaths almost all are unvaccinated  !
Working on herd immunity.  Surely it is the reason for holding back vaccines in poor countries.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2021, 08:03:58 pm »
Surely it is the reason for holding back vaccines in poor countries.
Are you suggesting Australia is poor? 

https://www.kff.org/global-health-policy/issue-brief/u-s-international-covid-19-vaccine-donations-tracker/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-55795297

I don't have a problem with donations of whatever, but each country has a duty to its own first.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2021, 08:21:04 am »
Surely it is the reason for holding back vaccines in poor countries.
Are you suggesting Australia is poor? 
No, but like this country there are sections that are very poor.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Geoff

• Field Bee
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2021, 04:35:46 pm »

We have just had nearly all doors thrown open in a population of approx. 6,700,000 with a stated 90 % double vaccinated which means that there are 670, 000 either unvaccinated or with only a single jab loose amongst us. With most venues and events one must provide your " Double Vacced Passport " to gain entry, even at our local bowls club this afternoon the Covid police will be checking our credentials.
      Between all the new rules and all the political push and shove I think most of us were happier when in full lock-down !  !
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2021, 09:59:36 pm »
Here in the West we were the least affected by the virus yet we have the toughest vaccine mandates in Aus with over 75% of the workforce required to be vaccinated by 2022 or face fines. Small country businesses are closing due to the current staff refusing to get vaccinated and replacement staff unavailable. 2nd Dec group 1 mandates mean all mine workers among others not having had the first dose will lose their jobs. Unemployment will go through the roof currently at 3.9%, national 5.2%.
Our Premier has shut his office due to threats against his staff with protests continuing across our nation all fed with Q Anon disinformation.

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2021, 11:10:16 pm »
Our Premier has shut his office due to threats against his staff with protests continuing across our nation all fed with Q Anon disinformation.

Q Anon?  I thought that was a US thing and about Trump?   :cheesy:

A lot of people have refused here too and I think it is more because of mandates than fear of the vaccine.  People don't like being ordered to do a thing and they get their backs up about it.

Between all the new rules and all the political push and shove I think most of us were happier when in full lock-down !  !

Governments keep moving the goalposts and people are getting angry off.  Most of us did it all wrong.  Only a couple of western countries got it right and it appears that much of Africa may have gotten it right because they had no other options.

Those of us who locked down or are still doing the stupid mask mandates and distancing will continue to suffer.  None of what we are doing follows the science.  We have 100 years of study to know that masks don't work and enough experience with virus to know that it runs its course no matter what we do...unless we get a vaccine that stops it and we don't have that. 

Additional comment:  Do we have auto correct on here   :cheesy:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 11:18:30 am by Kathyp »

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2021, 09:25:42 am »
People don't like being ordered to do a thing and they get their backs up about it.
Must be what is wrong with our military.
We have 100 years of study to know that masks don't work and enough experience with virus to know that it runs its course no matter what we do...unless we get a vaccine that stops it and we don't have that. 
We do have multiple vaccines that will stop it.  What we are lacking is intelligence in the general population to understand how it works.
Stop the mis-information.  Join the intelligent sector of the general population.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2021, 10:10:27 am »
""Stop the mis-information.  Join the intelligent sector of the general population."""

AMEN..... Dang, I sure wish you would.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2021, 10:58:27 pm »
We do have multiple vaccines that will stop it.  What we are lacking is intelligence in the general population to understand how it works.
Stop the mis-information.

we have 0 vaccines that will stop it.  IDK where you get your info, but you might try another source...like maybe the CDC or NIH or even some reputable nightly news?

I'm not a fan of many of our government agencies, but you seem to worship them.  Use them to prove your statements. 

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2021, 08:18:24 am »
I know that your statements come from mis-information and personal beliefs.  It does not come from medical science or past history.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it