Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: When will the ignorant get smart  (Read 6231 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
Re: When will the ignorant get smart
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2022, 08:10:36 am »

Or because the old and those with underlying conditions were the only populations truly at risk from this virus. 

What propaganda sheet are you reading from or are you just making it up.  Even today, people are dying of all ages.  Come back to reality.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2022, 10:41:47 am »
What propaganda sheet are you reading from or are you just making it up.  Even today, people are dying of all ages.  Come back to reality.

While I realize that some use statistics for propaganda, in this case, they are what they are.  I'd wonder what you use for information since this has been known since the beginning of the pandemic.  Younger people can have underlying conditions and yes, young people can die from this.  Healthy younger people and especially children have little to no risk from the virus.  No more risk than from the flu for younger adults and less than from the flu for children.
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2022, 01:31:19 pm »
Healthy older people have about the same risk but there are so few of them.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2022, 01:46:18 pm »
We can add Supreme Court Justice; Sonia Sotomayor to the list of the 'ignorantly' informed, or 'non-informed'.

Adding: If she has been informed, and has knowledge of the truth, she is false, sourcing Yahoo News and many others. Either way, in my opinion she is a poor excuse and example of a United States Supreme Court Justice. The Supreme Court is final place where Americas trust, 'that truth'; and 'The Constitution' should be spoken up for, and 'represented' in America.  Pitiful.... 
By the way, which President nominated her to this position?

Yahoo News: Search domain    https://news.yahoo.com > sotomayor-falsely-claims-100-000-185529971.html
Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor falsely claimed that 100,000 children are in "serious condition" from Covid during oral arguments on the Biden administration's employer vaccine mandate on...

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 09:20:45 pm by Ben Framed »
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2022, 02:51:39 pm »
Supreme Court Justice; Sonia Sotomayor to the list of the 'ignorantly' informed, or 'non-informed'.

That was so bad.  You know that her clerks are responsible for putting that all together for her and someone really messed up.
There is no week nor day nor hour when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their roughness and spirit of defiance.? --Walt Whitman

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2022, 08:46:15 pm »
KathyP
You know that her clerks are responsible for putting that all together for her and someone really messed up.

Yes that is a huge problem. Is it not her 'job' and 'responsibility' to do diligent research, (herself), 'along with' her aids, not just rely on one side of a position, or what ever is pitched to her? Shouldn't she seek all avenues of enlightenment, seeking all 'facts'?  Seeking all truth? Wouldn't we, and shouldn't we think it is indeed her responsibility? Isn't the responsibility of a Supreme Court Justice, far to large, far to great to do otherwise, or accept anything less, as in this case?

I would think any case which is important enough, which is large enough, to be brought to the highest court in Our Land deserves nothing less, the American Citizens deserve no less? Shouldn't She seek every avenue available to her, before reaching or making any decision, or making any statement? Especially untrue statements while in the middle of Court hearings? Or reacting on, or relaying on false hear say information from clerks or aids, before checking the facts for herself as she clearly demonstrated she 'did not do' in this instance? That goes for the rest of them as well! Shouldn't The Constitution be first an foremost on their minds? Isn't that part of their OATH TO AMERICA? 

It is my opinion that if she can not be trusted to do so, as in this example; Shouldn't 'she' immediately resign her 'TRUSTED' position? Shouldn't she have resigned already? Without being asked? Do you trust her? Can she ever be trusted again in the capacity of 'Supreme' 'Court' 'Justice'? Where are our leaders from both sides of the isle on this? Where are our leaders from 'any side' of the isle on this? Shouldn't they 'all' be in unisons on this clear example of what can easily be classified as incompetence? Hum

« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 10:13:08 pm by Ben Framed »
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2022, 02:05:47 am »
Depends ben.

If she was as perfect as you would apparently be, she would double down and say she never makes a mistake.  Has somebody ask her?  That was a lot of typing you did for something that can happen to every one who's every word is being obsessed on.  About along the same tactic that was used on Amy Coney beret for saying having babies is not hard on a woman.
Glad I am not watched so close.  I would give people lots of things to obsess over as I am sure most would, maybe even you.
Cheers
gww

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2022, 08:06:29 am »
The Supreme Court is final place where Americas trust, 'that truth'; and 'The Constitution' should be spoken up for, and 'represented' in America.
Phill your mind is filled with Disney Land.  At what time did America trust the Supreme Court when it's members do not have equal numbers of two parties and men vs. women?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 08:19:26 am by Acebird »
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • No longer keeping bees
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2022, 08:18:10 am »

Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor falsely claimed that 100,000 children are in "serious condition" from Covid
The article doesn't say "from covid".  It makes a difference if you add words Phil.  That is where the mis information gets generated.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2022, 09:09:44 am »
Quote from ace
The article doesn't say "from covid".  It makes a difference if you add words Phil.  That is where the mis information gets generated.
ben
If this is true. Maybe you should consider resigning from posting or any vaulted position you hold on this site that might give your postings the impression they might not be incompetent, bla, bla, bla? :wink:
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2022, 09:32:15 am »
Quote from ace

KathyP
I wonder sometimes if you actually read stuff, or just keep spouting your incorrect talking points?

I understand Kathy. I wonder also....

gww
ben
If this is true. Maybe you should consider resigning from posting or any vaulted position you hold on this site that might give your postings the impression they might not be incompetent, bla, bla, bla? :wink:
Cheers
gww

gww
If you would have 'read' the article 'yourself' instead of taking Ace word for it, 'another Alice in Wonderland liberal' You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and embarrisment. Along with ungrounded and unfounded attacks on me..  :tongue: :cool:

Just once again goes to show liberals can't be trusted for accuracy 'at any level' from the Supreme Court to the debate table.   :wink: lol It seems you would rather instead attack truth.... Nothing new....  :shocked: :cheesy:

Justice Sotomayor Falsely Claims 100,000 Children in ?Serious Condition? from Covid

Yahoo News
Zachary Evans January 7, 2022?

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor falsely claimed that 100,000 children are in "serious condition"from Covid during oral arguments on the Biden administration?s employer vaccine mandate on Friday.
"We have hospitals that are almost at full capacity with people severely ill on ventilators. We have over 100,000 children, which we?ve never had before, in serious condition, and many on ventilators," Sotomayor claimed.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2022, 09:48:55 am »
Ben
I did not imply it did or did not happen.  I just implied that I thought it was a bit hypocritical to  have such high standards for others that I am pretty sure you could not do better than.  I also watch what others in power say but try not to hyperventilate unless I see a pattern. 
Back in the old old days, if you were crating tomatoes and dropped one the company would take it out of your pay no matter how many cases you carried successfully before dropping one or even if you dropped fewer then others crating tomatoes.  I had thought we had moved past those days.   
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2022, 11:21:09 am »
ben
Cheers
gww

Ben
I did not imply it did or did not happen.  I just implied that I thought it was a bit hypocritical to  have such high standards for others that I am pretty sure you could not do better than.

Thanks for clearing that up gww.
I'll bite your hook and I agree, we all humans and can make a mistake from time to time. I am sorry to see you have such a lack of confidence and trust, that I could not do any better than what this 'Justice' has demonstrated she can not be trusted to do, 'seek and relay truth'. Actually I think any Constitutional minded American, who possess a sense of fairness, honesty, and a heart felt desire for justice, along with the quality of not being to lazy to check information for themselves, while being cautious, not readily accepting any bone of information that was thrown to them as being fact but checking the bone for facts, could do a pretty good job...Unlike this Justice has demonstrated.

I would 'hope' to think even You, if you were in such a important position would take it seriously in doing a good job, search facts, finding truth, things she has clearly show she can not be 'trusted' to do. At least I would hope you would do what was honest and right, being fair minded, whether you have any confidence in me or not... Including my being a posting member here at beemaster for that matter, regardless of position... We are not speaking of the dog catcher, the local justice of the peace, 'though important'. Or any other official or any other 'public servant', though each public servant should strive for fairness. However; we are speaking one of our "Supreme Court Justices" of the highest court in our land!.  Shouldn't A Justice of The Supreme Court, 'the' person who totes the heaviest load of responsibility in our court system, be held to the highest standards of all?

Phillip

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2022, 01:40:47 pm »
About along the same tactic that was used on Amy Coney beret for saying having babies is not hard on a woman.

One was a huge mistake that should not have been made...no matter how she got those numbers.  The other is an opinion.  Berrett is probably not making constitutional decisions based on her opinion of the ease of childbirth.  Sotomayor was using wildly wrong numbers in an argument in the SCOTUS.

Phill your mind is filled with Disney Land.  At what time did America trust the Supreme Court when it's members do not have equal numbers of two parties and men vs. women?

I'm not sure why party or gender is relevant.  They have one job and that is to judge things against that law.  What IS interesting is that when a nominee says they will follow the law (Constitution) the left loses its mind.  Also interesting that you didn't mention race since that is where you usually go.  I get it.  The black guy on the court doesn't have his mind right so he doesn't count.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2022, 01:57:04 pm »
Ben
I am sorry to see you have such a lack of confidence and trust, that I could not do any better than what this 'Justice' has demonstrated she can not be trusted to do, 'seek and relay truth'.
Not to belabor a point but:
I have seen many links and videos' you have posted here that are misleading and if you are called on it you say "I was just asking".  You are correct, I would not have faith in your supposed excellent investigatory skills to get things right. That does not mean that I am mad of your position here. I do not have such high standards.
Cheers
gww

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2022, 02:07:44 pm »
Kathy
Amy was actually doing the same thing as Soto relating to a case before them and the news was all over her for it.  The problem is that for every one on one side, one can be found on the other.  Not saying it should not be reported but saying looking for over all patterns is more realistic thing to be basing decisions on then little gaffs. 
If it was not so much work we could make a game out of finding all the gaffs people we don't like make and spend all our time showing them to each other.
I know I am guilty of it.
Cheers
gww

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2022, 02:47:12 pm »
So petitioner points out that in all 50 states, you can terminate parental rights by relinquishing a child after abortion [Ed. note: She misspoke; she meant birth], and I think the shortest period might be 48 hours if I?m remembering the data correctly. It seems to me, seen in that light, both Roe and Casey emphasize the burdens of parenting. And insofar as you and many of your amici focus on the ways in which forced parenting, forced motherhood would hinder women?s access to the workplace, and to equal opportunities, it?s also focused on the consequences of parenting and the obligations of motherhood that flow from pregnancy?why don?t the safe haven laws take care of that problem? It seems to me that it focuses the burden much more narrowly. There is without question an infringement on bodily autonomy, for which we have another context like vaccines. However, it doesn?t seem to me to follow that pregnancy and then parenthood are all part of the same burden, and so it seems to me that the choice, more focused, would be between, say, the ability to get an abortion at 23 weeks, or the state requiring the woman to go 15, 16 weeks more, and then terminate parental rights at the conclusion. Why didn?t you address the safe haven laws, and why don?t they matter?

I believe the above is the question she was asking the pro-Roe lawyer to answer.  It in no way compares to a Justice quoting wildly wrong numbers in her questioning.

In this case it's not about sides, but about someone being so wrong on something they might otherwise use in making a decision.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2022, 03:47:32 pm »
Kathy
https://www.colorado.edu/today/2021/09/08/study-banning-abortion-would-boost-maternal-mortality-double-digits
I guess it is perspective but that was not really the point I was making at any rate.  I can't see why all those other smart judges did not point out the mistake though.  I could have just as easily used senator marshall's asking what fouci's pay was even though it is public.   Neither was really the point I was making.
The point is that mistakes in oral arguments could happen with little foul as people are fallible even doing their best.  You are welcome to hang your hat on one thing and not look at the whole picture and no one can stop you.  I don't have to respect that particular trait in others though.
Like I said, I do it too.  Wish I was a bit better but it is easy to be out of line picky toward those I don't like and much more forgiving to those I do.  Nature of the beast.  I know lots of smart people who say stupid things every now and again.
Cheers
gww

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2022, 03:57:13 pm »
Ben
I am sorry to see you have such a lack of confidence and trust, that I could not do any better than what this 'Justice' has demonstrated she can not be trusted to do, 'seek and relay truth'.
Not to belabor a point but:
I have seen many links and videos' you have posted here that are misleading and if you are called on it you say "I was just asking".  You are correct, I would not have faith in your supposed excellent investigatory skills to get things right. That does not mean that I am mad of your position here. I do not have such high standards.
Cheers
gww

>Not to belabor a point but:<

Why not, you usually do, why not this time?  :shocked:

Yes I have often ask as much, (Is this true?) when posting a video which may be interesting enough 'to strike up conversation' here in the Coffeehouse. Such as the topic "The lethal Kangaroo". I did not state (this is true), a big difference..  This lady, A Supreme Court Justice falsely mislead, was untrue, using false data as 'facts', and in the Supreme Court 'of all places', and her a Supreme Court Justice, 'of all things', ('supposedly' a seeker of truth).  Hum....

I expected and was confident, that even you would not go along with that, apparently I was again wrong, it seems you will excuse her no matter what, and attack me for telling you, while casting truth and responsibility aside. Therefore I have just lost my confidence in you as well  :shocked: :grin:

From this point on, If Biden were to nominate you, (and he could do worse, and probably would do worse), I would have to speak up!  :grin:  :tongue:  :cheesy:

Phillip

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:37:32 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2022, 05:01:25 pm »
ben
From this point on, If Biden were to nominate you, (and he could do worse, and probably would do worse), I would have to speak up!
You need not worry cause I am much too selfish to ever do any such job.  I have, the gods honest, best job in the world.  It is so good I feel guilty that every one is not in the same boat.  It is called retirement.  From the bottom of my heart, I hope you experience my job and get as much enjoyment out of it as I do.
Cheers
gww