Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What?s Cookin?  (Read 31466 times)

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Super Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: What?s Cookin?
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2021, 08:38:24 pm »
The goat burgers were DELICIOUS!  All of us liked them the same or better than beef burgers.  The meat was leaner and less mushy than store-bought beef, but not at all dry, and it had great flavor. 
[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
That's my artist sister's burger.  She can't even put ketchup and mustard on something without making it pretty!  :cheesy: 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online .30WCF

• Field Bee
« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2021, 11:22:19 pm »
Baaaaheheheh or whatever a goat sounds like.
Where is the egg?
I?m not in the wrap everything in bacon crowd when it comes to game meat, but I do like to grind a half pound of bacon into a pound of ground venison when I do burgers.
Might be worth a shot. I mix a little salt and pepper in when I combine the bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Super Bee
« Reply #242 on: December 29, 2021, 11:56:12 am »
Baaaaheheheh or whatever a goat sounds like.
Goats actually very much say "Meh".  Sometimes they draw it out like "meeeeeeeeh" or "meeeheheheh", and sometimes they make it more staccato by lengthening the "m" like "mmmmeh". 

Where is the egg?

Right, because the first time we eat goat burgers we're going to smother them in breakfast.  :wink:  :cheesy:

I?m not in the wrap everything in bacon crowd when it comes to game meat, but I do like to grind a half pound of bacon into a pound of ground venison when I do burgers.
Might be worth a shot. I mix a little salt and pepper in when I combine the bacon.
We did cut some of the goat fat into the burger so it wasn't extremely lean, but that sounds like a good tip.  Maybe we'll try that in the future.  We did find it lacking in salt/pepper, which my mom kind of anticipated, but we really wanted to try it plain the first time. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 12:58:30 pm by The15thMember »
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online .30WCF

• Field Bee
« Reply #243 on: December 31, 2021, 01:45:49 pm »
Elk Shanks going into the oven.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #244 on: December 31, 2021, 02:25:09 pm »
The15thMember
The goat burgers were DELICIOUS!  All of us liked them the same or better than beef burgers.  The meat was leaner and less mushy than store-bought beef, but not at all dry, and it had great flavor. 

Member when I was small their was an old man who, (each year for our annual church homecoming), would Bar-Be-Que a goat. It was always a hit!

Phillip

« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 03:44:45 pm by Ben Framed »
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Super Bee
« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2021, 04:07:32 pm »
Elk Shanks going into the oven.
Holy cow!  (Or elk?  :cheesy:)  That meat is so dark!  It looks like a red cabbage! 

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Super Bee
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2022, 01:39:39 pm »
We always have snow crab legs on New Year's Eve.  It's one of my favorite meals of the year! 

It's also one of the messiest!

Online .30WCF

• Field Bee
« Reply #247 on: January 02, 2022, 02:13:04 pm »
We always have snow crab legs on New Year's Eve.  It's one of my favorite meals of the year! 

It's also one of the messiest!
Ever been to Capt George?s or Benjamin?s?
All you can eat crab legs. Mmmm

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Super Bee
« Reply #248 on: January 02, 2022, 05:28:25 pm »
Ever been to Capt George?s or Benjamin?s?
All you can eat crab legs. Mmmm
Are they in Myrtle Beach?  No, I've never been.  I had stone crab claws at Joe's in DC a few years ago, which was good but not as fun as snow legs. 

Online .30WCF

• Field Bee
« Reply #249 on: January 02, 2022, 06:12:10 pm »
I think Benjamin?s was at myrtle. Capt George?s is up around Chesapeake bay somewhere. I don?t remember exactly.

Online .30WCF

• Field Bee
« Reply #250 on: January 02, 2022, 06:13:45 pm »
Caned venison in veggie soup with Fritos.

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2022, 11:48:42 pm »
30wcf
Is that deer oven canned?
Cheers
gww

Online .30WCF

• Field Bee
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2022, 11:50:14 pm »
I did it in a pressure cooker. I do some every few years.

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #253 on: January 03, 2022, 12:42:33 am »
We always did it in the oven.  I have read that that is not a safe way to do it but have done it all my life so far with out issue.  Makes for quick easy meals.
Cheers
gww

Online .30WCF

• Field Bee
« Reply #254 on: January 03, 2022, 12:47:26 am »
I had someone tell me about how their grandma used to do it in an oven when they were a kid. He couldn?t remember the details, but it was baked in the oven with a bunch of fat on top. Once the meat was cooked they would bring it out and the fat would cool on top and seal the jar or something like that. Sounds a little iffy. What?s your method.

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2022, 01:57:51 am »
I just put them in quart jars and sit in the oven about an inch apart from each other at 240 degrees for four hour.  Then turn the oven off while making real sure the door is never opened and then let them sit over night before moving.  We have put pork in when I was young but lately just chunked up deer and salt.  It is good to eat cold or hot.  I read that it is dangerous and so only say what we do not what others should do.  Some people hate instant mashed potatoes but if you are in a hurry you can add a little water to the deer and thicken with corn starch and have a pretty good meal in the time it takes to get water to boil, boom done.
It is really good just cold out of the jar on bread also.
Cheers
gww

Online .30WCF

• Field Bee
« Reply #256 on: January 05, 2022, 08:19:45 pm »
Standing Rib Roast of Elk seasoned with salt, pepper and Gnome On The Range seasoning. Seared then finished low on the grill to 120 internal to just start getting in the range of medium rare.

Delish

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Super Bee
« Reply #257 on: January 08, 2022, 09:29:03 pm »
Standing Rib Roast of Elk seasoned with salt, pepper and Gnome On The Range seasoning. Seared then finished low on the grill to 120 internal to just start getting in the range of medium rare.

Delish

We never have sweet potatoes like baked potatoes.  I bet that's good. 

We had my favorite soup tonight, beef barley, with a side of pierogies and cucumber salad.

Online .30WCF

• Field Bee
« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2022, 02:56:03 pm »

Delish

We never have sweet potatoes like baked potatoes.  I bet that's good. 

We had my favorite soup tonight, beef barley, with a side of pierogies and cucumber salad.
That cucumber salad looks good. I like a little diced onion and cherry tomato in it sometimes.
Mom and dad made it like yours. My wife just does the vinegar bath cucumbers. It?s good, but not like mama?s.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2022, 02:07:45 am »
Your meal looked great!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 07:49:55 am by Ben Framed »
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV