Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wiring Frames and Foundations...  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Carriage House Farm

• House Bee
    • Carriage House Farm
Wiring Frames and Foundations...
« on: January 02, 2008, 11:28:45 pm »
Taking my first stab at doing it.  I think its always neat to see pictures of the stuff and share 'em.  There seem to be a whole lot of people that are at the same stage as I am...dreaming of bees, preapring for bees....but no bees.

Using crimped wire medium foundation from Brushy Mountain in these pics...

This is close up of the tin wire I ran across and embedded (cold, no heat or warm-up) and used a jig to hold it in place.  Seemed to do ok without heating up the spur.

To cut time I was thinking of not running wire across the frame unless its going to go into an extractor.  So brood frames would simply get a the stock crimped wire and nothing else.

Anyone see any problems so far?  I think I am doing it right.   :)

They seem pretty darn sturdy.

I'll post some more pics if people want.  It seems pretty simple.  I have a couple sheets of plastic foundation and I brad nail a couple frames of those together as well just for side by side comparison.
Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: Wiring Frames and Foundations...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 10:15:45 am »
Nice pictures, that should hold up in a extractor....

I would skip the horizontal wiring if you have the vertical wires, extracted or not. 

The only frames that I cross wire are the brood frames with plain foundation or foundationless, and that is just to keep the comb from falling out during inspections on hot days.

Rick
Rick

anything