Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: User name change  (Read 4013 times)

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
User name change
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:00:23 pm »
Is it possible to get my user name changed? Not trying to hide from anyone (HONEST) just thought of a cooler name is all.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: User name change
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:24:54 pm »
Is it possible to get my user name changed? Not trying to hide from anyone (HONEST) just thought of a cooler name is all.

Cooler than hjon71 :?   I find that hard to believe :-D

You can't change your username, but you can change your display name.  You will still log in as hjon71,  but everyone will know you by your new cool name as that is what will be displayed.

Profile -> Account Related Settings -> Name
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:30:59 pm »
Thank you for your timely reply. Admittedly nothing I change it to could be as cool as Robo.  :-D
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:45:09 pm »
Nice bit of info to have. I can change my display name to hjon71, make a few fun posts, then change it back.   :evil:   :-D
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 09:58:20 pm »
Actually the forum won't let you change to a name that already is taken.  Even if you could, as soon as you changed it back,  all of the posts you made would also be changed back.  :police:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:04:11 pm »
Nice bit of info to have. I can change my display name to hjon71, make a few fun posts, then change it back.   :evil:   :-D
:-D
Only problem is that when you change your name, all of your posts change and then they change back.
Sorry.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:18:36 pm »
Oh, WELL, it was made in jest anyway. Nothing lost.    :-D
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 09:28:27 am »
Actually the forum won't let you change to a name that already is taken.  Even if you could, as soon as you changed it back,  all of the posts you made would also be changed back.  :police:

Haha iddee, you got busted.