Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Damascus, Arkansas  (Read 2635 times)

Offline 00dakota

• New Bee
Hello from Damascus, Arkansas
« on: April 27, 2007, 08:21:12 am »
Hello to everyone from Tom and Ree from Damascus, Arkansas.  We have just purchased our first hive and have a lot to learn but are enjoying the bee's so far.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Hello from Damascus, Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 05:08:35 pm »
Welcome to the forums.

If you have a local beekeepers club in your area you may also want to join that.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline beeginner

• House Bee
  • The swarm I hived
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 11:25:23 pm »
Hey im in Mountain view ar and congrats on the hive  Some time this week or 2 ill have 5 hives. Are you gonna register your hive? If it was me I sure would  you can get turnd into the state and then its kind of a big deal. When you do register the state inspector will come out and look at them and make shure there is nothing fishey with them. The one that is helping me is the state inspector he lives 8 miles from me so im lurning from the best in ar. But any ways have fun with your hive and dont get stung to much. ;)

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 11:21:19 pm »
   Hi Tom and Ree and welcome!

You probably know by now that you are right where the Ozark Foothills
Beekeeping Association meets on the third Thursday each month.  You've got some great resources to draw on there.  Take care and have fun!
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

anything