Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Eastern Shore Greetings  (Read 2309 times)

Offline 2ndCharter

• New Bee
Eastern Shore Greetings
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:11:03 am »
2nd year beek from the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Started last year with a package and a nuc. Between blizzards, both starved out. Being a glutton for punishment, I'm installing 6 packages this year, all from Georgia. I am a Maryland Master Gardener and follow a very organic approach to everything and continue to extend that to beekeeping. This year I'm adding Alpha6's recipe for EO to my syrup and will requeen in August with Spartans from Adam @ VP Queens. I run SBB and the 4 new hives are being started on PF-100 4.9 and will regress the other two down later.

That is about it.
- Steve

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Eastern Shore Greetings
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 11:58:39 am »
Steve, welcome to our forum, wonderful that you found us.  You are up to some cool stuff.  Stick around, we love new members, this is a great place to tell experiences, stories, tales, learn and give advice.  Do have that wonderful day, with health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service