BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

Double Cut saw

<< < (2/3) > >>

BeeMaster2:
Mike,
Thanks for the info. First time I have seen this tool. I will definitely be getting one the next time go to HF.
JIM

D Coates:
I too have never seen this.  Impressive to say the least.  I'll remember this when the need arises.

greenbtree:
Mike, one review I read seemed to be having an overheating problem, any info on that?  JP, which multitool exactly do you use?  With the ones I have tried, you can grow old and die before they cut through whatever material you are dealing with.  I certainly am looking for an alternative to the skill saw, I am a small person, and a skill saw kick back 20 feet up a ladder is nothing to joke about.

JC

Haddon:
I dont know much about the over heating issue but they come with wax lub stick that run into the saw blade for metal cutting. Now the manual says they are not needed for cutting wood. I did take one out and send it into the blade when I bought the saw just to give it a  little lub.

Multi tools I used the harbor freight one and burned it up the first time I used it on a 2x12. I replaced it with a craftsman the craftsman is nice a lot easier to change blades and has a work light and has held up well. 

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: BeeMaster2 on June 30, 2013, 05:54:44 am ---Mike,
Thanks for the info. First time I have seen this tool. I will definitely be getting one the next time go to HF.
JIM

--- End quote ---

Jim did you ever get one of these >double cut saws< ? I have had one for years, even before I did  my first cut out. I found they will overheat IF you push it too hard. But really, once you make the plunge cut with it you can switch to a regular >skill saw< in most cases. I still use the reliable old >Multitool< for close quarters. 

Phillip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version