BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

Double Cut saw

<< < (3/3)

BeeMaster2:
I bought one. It WAS great for cutting through steel. Problem was that it over heated and is not working, typical HF tool. I have not stopped to see if it is repairable.
Jim Altmiller

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: BeeMaster2 on April 08, 2022, 09:00:29 am ---I bought one. It WAS great for cutting through steel. Problem was that it over heated and is not working, typical HF tool. I have not stopped to see if it is repairable.
Jim Altmiller

--- End quote ---

It is repairable. It should have come with an extra set of brushes. They are easy to change. That is what I had to do' before learning what its limits where. You can feel it getting hot when in a strain and what I now do is lift it from the cut site and run it wide open for a few seconds allowing the built in cooling fan to do its job. Use in conjunction with a skill saw once the clean plunge cut is made on wood is my recommendation; Especially on thick wood, its just not made 'up to par' for continuous 'heavy' work.  Within these learned 'limits'; (learned the hard way) I get along with mine pretty good.

Phillip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version