Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: American Sniper  (Read 15201 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: American Sniper
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2015, 04:04:00 pm »
Okay, I found it, along with a story about replicating the shot with modern versions of the Sharps using smokeless powder more or less equivalent to the best black powder available to Billy Dixon.  Of course, Dixon said he was shooting at a group of about 15 mounted Native Americans, so it wasn't precision shooting, but still impressive.  Thanks.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Maggiesdad

• House Bee
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2015, 07:12:16 pm »
I'll put Jerry M. up agin' all of 'em w a revolver!  :tongue:

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2015, 05:18:25 pm »
Defense rested in the trial of the guy that killed Kyle. (I deliberately omit his name.)  Prosecution wants to call two rebuttal witnesses.  There may be a verdict this week.  Lots of disagreement on whether he was insane.  It's agreed that he has/had big time mental problems, but insanity is a legal question, not a medical (psyciatric) one, and that's the big question for the jury.  He says he thought Kyle and Littlefield planned to kill him.  But if he knew right from wrong, did thinking that constitute self-defense?   Tough question for the jury.  After my only murder prosecution, I never much trusted juries (I lost on self-defense claim)  :angry:
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

anything