Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee Tree  (Read 5953 times)

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: Bee Tree
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 07:09:02 pm »
sunshine and birds will take care of exposed larva, if you scorched the inside of the log more than likely that did the trick.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Danger Brown

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 01:41:01 am »
Thanks for this thread! Love reading about the cutouts and this was a fun one.
Did you get the queen? Will it become a viable hive? or were they too far gone to save?

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 10:33:32 am »
When I moved the log out to my yard I placed it next to a swarm that had went queen less in hopes of using the queen out of the log and combining them both. Well I split the log 4 ways it was just empty brood comb no eggs or larva so I would think the queen was gone. I opened the top of the queen less swarm then would shake each piece of the log and then haul it to the burn pile. When I got to the last piece I shook each frame of the swarm to get the bees in the air orienting back to the box then dropped the log shaking the bees loss from it with the swarm already fanning they were all on the box within a minute. Now I am going to combine that with the weakest of my hives if I can find a queen in there.

Still didn't get to edit the video its 44 minutes worth of me splitting the log and saying that's nasty. :)

Offline Danger Brown

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 01:42:32 pm »
Yep, editing the videos is the hard part. We've got a Canon t2i which shoots beautiful HD video, but editing and uploading it takes FOREVER. I've had it take 5 hours to upload a 10 minute video to Youtube.
I'm thinking of using a 640x480 camera(lower quality) I have for filming cutouts just so it'll be easier (faster) to edit and upload.