Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Once again honey run apiaries inner cover question  (Read 7523 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Once again honey run apiaries inner cover question
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 03:05:55 pm »
Annette, I looked at the site and it is on my favourites list.  I will look at it a little deeper, I have to go outside and play now, I am doing playing in the house and the outdoors is calling me  ;)  Have a wonderful day, beautiful life.  C
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 03:21:03 pm »
Beehopper.  Nice picture.  This Honey Run inner cover looks to me like what an "Imirie" shim would be like?  Are they the same thing basically, with three holes in the front.  Is the purpose of the holes for ventilation?  I am rather confused as to how this inner cover works.  Please elaborate.  Have a wonderful day, beautiful life.  Cindi

Cindi,

It is take off on the DE Hive, combining the ventilation box and inner cover in one,  less the ability to control the bee space on the top super or open/close the upper entrance.  You can view the DE Hive mod kit instruction in the download section of my website.  The instructions explain the proper usage for the seasons.

http://robo.bushkillfarms.com/beekeeping/downloads
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 02:37:17 am »
Rob, I have often wondered why your site is called "bushkill farms", will you tell me?  Have a wonderful day, beautiful and great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2007, 09:35:37 am »
Rob, I have often wondered why your site is called "bushkill farms", will you tell me?  Have a wonderful day, beautiful and great life.  Cindi

Cindi,

We are located in a area know as the Bushkill valley.  The Bushkill creek, formerly Bush Kil (kil being dutch for "deep trench between steep banks"), is a tributary to the ashokan reservoir, one of the six reservoirs providing water to NYC.  If interested,  there is more details here -> http://bushkillfarms.com/site/about-us

Luckily we are a small area and the politically correct crowd has left us along.  Unlike the town of Fishkill that was been pressured to rename themselves :roll:  Being an area that was heavily populated by the Dutch,  we have plenty of kills around here.   Beaver Kill, Ver Noy Kill, Wallkill......
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 02:20:40 pm »
Rob, very nice.  I looked at your site and I loved the way you have set up the description of the area and the picture.  A beauty of life for sure.  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi

anything