Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Welcome Tam,
My father-in-law, Lou Zeleskey was the president of the bee club in Central NJ, then he started a new club in Bucks County, PA before he passed away.
Jim Altmiller
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Swarm Catching
« Last post by Terri Yaki on Today at 08:39:17 am »
And at 0730, we have a good amount of activity at the swarm trap. Keeping my fingers crossed for a winner today.
You might get some frowney faces for switching frames around, but be reasonable about it. I do it all the time. Moving foundation to make comb is fine. Putting a pollen or honey frame in the middle of the brood box wouldn?t serve any purpose.

You?ll get proficient at whatever tool you get used to.

Some mild soap like Dawn should be fine. Try dropping a sponge in the jar and using a handle from the ladle or spatula to scrub it around the bottom and sides. My hands don?t fit in a wide mouth jar either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mentor had a chance to review my video last night and he has reiterated most everything that yous have told me. We have a rainy weekend coming in with one beautiful day today so I'm going back in and switch frames around, add another box and put the syrup back in. I have an extra set of jars and replace the old with fresh and wash them to prevent growth of molds but apparently, something didn't work right this time. Is there any detriment to using dish soap to clean them? Will any residue be harmful to the bees? I need to figure out how to get my hands in there to get a good cleaning action.

The hive tool is homemade from a picture that 15thmember had posted and I'm giving it a try. My mentor has the larger tool as you described and I see one advantage for the smaller one so far. I can keep it in my hand the whole time and not have to put it down, then have to figure out where I left it. I wasn't really struggling with it too bad just yet but they haven't really applied the glue yet either. But then, I haven't finessed the using of the tool yet and my handling of it will improve. I do, however, like that step on the back to use as leverage and will probably make one on this tool.

Thanks for the review and input. I do appreciate it. And when my mentor's thoughts match yours, I feel good about the direction.
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Re: Biden Famous Quotes!
« Last post by Terri Yaki on Today at 07:38:59 am »
I?m afraid that there?s two categories there. Those who know and those who never will.
Welcome, tamhnguyen. I?m in the SEPA but don?t recall hearing from anyone in central Jersey in my short time here. The hives that you mentioned are rarely used so don?t be surprised or feel slighted if you don?t get a response. I do believe that there are a couple of layens hive users here from other parts though.

As a new beekeeper, what help and guidance do you have? Keeping them alive through the winter is a challenge and will an important goal. An experienced beek would be good to help you with that.
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Best swarm prevention
« Last post by Bob Wilson on Today at 07:16:19 am »
Thanks for all the comments.
Welcome to Beemaster, tamhnguyen!  :happy:
tamhnguyen Welcome to Beemaster !
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Biden Famous Quotes!
« Last post by Ben Framed on May 02, 2024, 11:50:42 pm »
Joe Biden famous quotes:
> How many times does he have to prove we can?t be trusted!<  :cheesy: :wink: :cool:

https://youtube.com/shorts/-7Q4j05ve38?si=VGh53nyAv8FPHYqM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
anything