Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I don't have a personal phone either.  I do have an iPod touch though, so it can technically do everything a smartphone can do except make a call, it's just so old that not a lot is compatible with my iOS anymore.  We did finally get a smartphone for the whole household to use though because we got a great deal on one from our mobile carrier, and I have to say, it has made our lives a lot easier. 

I remember milking by hand, extracting honey by hand...

I still do both of these things though!  :happy:
THE 2ND AMENDMENT / Re: Navy gun handling
« Last post by animal on Today at 12:41:49 pm »
Granted the guy will never have to repel a boarder and his biggest job is telling others to push buttons ...

But that's still no reason to demonstrate incompetence. Even if the armorer set him up, still no excuse. And then it gets POSTED ! just TOO funny... :cheesy:

betting the Air Force is is saying "whew, glad that wasn't us this time" .. heard enough about their "simulated" bs qualifying to roll my eyes.
« Last post by Kathyp on Today at 11:44:08 am »
ugg.  Believe it or not, few sailors do more than fam fire in the course of their career.  I remember when we went to the range early on and they limited our ammo because the Army and Marines needed it more  :cheesy:

HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / Re: One for my friend GWW
« Last post by gww on Today at 10:20:10 am »
It reminds me of the one I heard where before columbus in america the woman would pitch the tipi, cut the fire wood, do all the cooking and cleaning and all the men had to do was shoot something and then just sit around the fire and smoke the pipe and tell stories and we thought we could make it better?
I don?t think that the engraving did any significant damage to the seal, do you?
Jim Altmiller
Thanks Les.
I just received an email advising Creality Falcon 2 is on sale for $519, $555 including tax, no shipping. I ordered it and then ordered the cover on Amazon, $69.
Do you have a Honeycomb Laser Bed. Do I need it?
Does this Laser come with Laser design software?
Jim Altmiller
« Last post by Terri Yaki on Today at 08:17:31 am »
LOL We were all over that on the 2A BB that I haunt. The armorer must have set him up.
HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING / One for my friend GWW
« Last post by Ben Framed on Today at 02:03:39 am »
Jerry Clower and Women's liberation!

Short and to the point!

https://youtu.be/IR63U7_Y7Ik?si=B-LRsF83UIWJIP-r
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM / Re: Gold prospecting using a metal detector
« Last post by max2 on Today at 01:33:12 am »
Nice bit of Gold!
Maybe the mobile phone attracted it?

I'm 76 this year and still don't own a mobile phone!

I can remember party lines - you knew everybody in the village , and their business.

I also remember the time when I would carry around a heavy  6 x 6 camera and develop my own photos.

I remember milking by hand, extracting honey by hand...

Slower times but good times.
THE 2ND AMENDMENT / Navy gun handling
« Last post by animal on Today at 01:14:39 am »
I can't stop laughing ...  :cheesy:
A Navy commander firing weapon...
Scope mounted backwards
Chicken winging with the stock way up high
Handguard looks like it's crawling out at the top, like its not seated into the delta ring ... maybe just an optical illusion in the photo though
Foregrip almost against the mag, might as well not have it on there and grab the mag well instead
dude looks like he's been chewing fingernails til they bleed
Selector on rocknroll with 2 hunks of brass in the air plus the above .... demonstrating "spray and pray" perhaps ?
or is it just the way navy guys qualify with a rifle ... if you can hit the open water, expert marksman!  :cool:

And what's with the hand on his shoulder from behind? Reminds me that I did the right thing when I didn't go in. :cheesy:

https://www.stripes.com/branches/navy/2024-04-11/navy-backwards-scope-photo-13528758.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10